Max Pass + Touring Plans?

Ashlotte

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We are heading to Disneyland for Spring Break, and it will be our first trip with Max Pass. Historically when we go, we've made touring plans ahead of time to minimize wait times. Is this even a feasible possibility when using Max Pass, or do you need to keep your schedule more open and flexible to take advantage of the fast passes?

This is also our first trip during a peak season, so I am worried about dealing with the crowds.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Doubt Touring Plans will work with max pass. Touring Plans has not significantly updated their stuff in years. Go early and stay very flexible.

I have been making plans on Touring Plans for summer, and it has a Maxpass option.

It always worked fine with regular fastpass and it sounds like maxpass has been built in so I don't see why it wouldn't work

We were there at peak time in December (12/28 and 12/29), and we rode everything with MaxPass - many things twice. Never waited longer than 20 minutes except once - and that was a conscious choice on our part. The only problem with using it at peak times is that FPs ran out for almost everything by around 4:00 in the afternoon (but that's nothing to do with MaxPass). But we still had FPs for many attractions for later than that. We rode all day both days, and we got some good pixie dust with returned FPs - RSR after dark hours after distribution stopped for it, for instance.

You might find you don't really need a touring plan. By day 3 with MP we had ridden everything so many times and jumped from ride to ride that we were tired of all the fastpass rides. haha.

So we are going end of Aug for 5 days. Was thinking of not having maxpass for the first 2 days to see how it is. Then if we think we need or want the pics, get it for the remaining days. I think you can do this, not like WDW with adding things to your tickets, Correct?
BTW we will be touring mon-fri, no weekends.

So we are going end of Aug for 5 days. Was thinking of not having maxpass for the first 2 days to see how it is. Then if we think we need or want the pics, get it for the remaining days. I think you can do this, not like WDW with adding things to your tickets, Correct?
BTW we will be touring mon-fri, no weekends.
Yes. You can do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts