Marco Island, VB, and OKW for Xmas past New Years!

EpiscoDisFan

Earning My Ears
well, we are all done! we are doing our annual pilgramage trip! a week at VB for week of New year's, and then our second week at WDW, this time staying at OKW. its our first time there. we have stayed at BWV, VWL, and SSR.

new this year, since i am on sabatical, we can get away for Xmas week as well. it will be strange, but we are excited about it. DBIL is Marriott Vacation Club, and gave us a week at Marco Island the week of Xmas! it will be fun to compare the experiences. 3 weeks in Florida will be pretty wild for dw, dd8, dd6, dd2, and myself.

but frankly, i think we are all looking foward most to our week at VB. this is our third year spending New Year's there, and there really is a community of families there that week every year, and the parents, and the kids, really have developed some friendships. its been quite a wonderful place for us.

i really hope we reconnect with our friends from Pittsburg and Chicago! (are you out there as DIS members? :), i really need to ask them this year!)

We just got back from a week at Marco Island and a week at BCV. We adored Marco Island and are planning to go again. We're looking at getting something there to combine with our summer DVC vacation every year. The beach was wonderful - expansive, not too deep and no quick drop offs. The town was delightful. It will be a big difference between Marco Island and VB.

My husband and his friend may be at OKW the same time as you. They check in on Jan 10 and check out the 14th. They'll be there for the Marathon and 5K. Unfortunately, our son will be a freshman this year so he and I get to stay home. You'll love OKW.

It sounds like you have three great weeks of relaxation. Have a wonderful trip.

We stayed at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. It's right between The Regency and Eagles Nest. The Marriott hotel was right next to Eagles Nest.

You can get some really great shells all over the place. My son and husband did a catamaran shelling trip that they thought was great. I don't do boats well, so I stayed out on the beach soaking up the sun. We had dolphins and manatees swim by the beach.

After our week at Marco, I was "gellin' " as they say in the commercial.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter