• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2023

FYI for those still in search of Marathon Weekend room reservations. 🙂 The new VGF studio rooms are open to VGF owners for the next few weeks, and there are still some available, if you find someone with points willing to call and reserve one (they can't be booked online).

I was going to do Boardwalk for the ease of my kids seeing me on course, but they can walk across the parking lot and see me as I run by the Grand Floridian!

i finally logged in after reading 150 pages! can someone post the screenshots of the dwarves and patience screens? it’s eternally burned into my retinas but i failed to screenshot it! would love a shirt!! i’ll also try to figure out how to make one for anyone interested or buy one if it’s created!! i am in for my 4th dopey, and 2 daughters in for their 3rd!!! that was some morning, but reading what others went thru, we aren’t complaining

Experienced rD weekend resort advice needed. We are staying Tues-Monday. We have a room from Thurs-Mon booked, and are just looking for a different place to stay on Tuesday night and Wednesday night. Run the 5k Thursday morning and *maybe* go to Epcot for the day (we are not sold on a park day yet, but knowing DH we will do it since he cannot just lay around all day ever.) We should land at MCO before official check-in time starts, and we are planning on getting to the expo EARLY Wednesday morning, so hopefully done there by noon. I only want to move ONCE, and availability is pretty limited. I will absolutely drive myself insane stalking for someone with points and availability of studios if I don't just make a decision already.

I'm grappling with whether it's going to be "worth it" to splurge on something like the Poly or GF or BWV (all places we haven't stayed) since an adult-only trip is really the only time this can happen. But when we aren't planning on going to MK. And I keep doing the "savings" math in my head between the very $ monorail resorts and other places we could stay.

Experienced rD weekend resort advice needed. We are staying Tues-Monday. We have a room from Thurs-Mon booked, and are just looking for a different place to stay on Tuesday night and Wednesday night. Run the 5k Thursday morning and *maybe* go to Epcot for the day (we are not sold on a park day yet, but knowing DH we will do it since he cannot just lay around all day ever.) We should land at MCO before official check-in time starts, and we are planning on getting to the expo EARLY Wednesday morning, so hopefully done there by noon. I only want to move ONCE, and availability is pretty limited. I will absolutely drive myself insane stalking for someone with points and availability of studios if I don't just make a decision already.

I'm grappling with whether it's going to be "worth it" to splurge on something like the Poly or GF or BWV (all places we haven't stayed) since an adult-only trip is really the only time this can happen. But when we aren't planning on going to MK. And I keep doing the "savings" math in my head between the very $ monorail resorts and other places we could stay.
In the past, I have booked cheaper resorts when just my mom and I go because we are park all day people.

Taking my kids, I splurge on better resorts because we spend more time in the room, at the pool, etc.

I'm splurging this trip on VGF because we plan on taking a few years off from Disney after this. In the past, I also wouldn't splurge because I could pay for two disney trips for the room price. However, that isn't the case anymore.

Where are you staying Thurs-Mon? I don’t have the experience for your question, but if I were going to splurge on Poly or GF I’d want to take advantage of the monorail perk. Because of that, maybe Poly would be nice because you could walk to the TTC and take the monorail for your possible Epcot day. Or, go with Boardwalk without the monorail because you could still get to Epcot easily, but if you don’t end up going to the park you could explore the boardwalk instead. I’m not a split stay person, but I’ve heard it’s always better to upgrade vs downgrade when doing a split stay.

In the past, I have booked cheaper resorts when just my mom and I go because we are park all day people.

Taking my kids, I splurge on better resorts because we spend more time in the room, at the pool, etc.

I'm splurging this trip on VGF because we plan on taking a few years off from Disney after this. In the past, I also wouldn't splurge because I could pay for two disney trips for the room price. However, that isn't the case anymore.
we keep saying we are going to take a break from disney but it has yet to happen.
Where are you staying Thurs-Mon? I don’t have the experience for your question, but if I were going to splurge on Poly or GF I’d want to take advantage of the monorail perk. Because of that, maybe Poly would be nice because you could walk to the TTC and take the monorail for your possible Epcot day. Or, go with Boardwalk without the monorail because you could still get to Epcot easily, but if you don’t end up going to the park you could explore the boardwalk instead. I’m not a split stay person, but I’ve heard it’s always better to upgrade vs downgrade when doing a split stay.
We are staying at Saratoga Thursday-Monday so we can just walk to disney springs for all of the food options, or just something to do (wander around, eat a dolewhip, people watch, etc.) Plus it'll give DH somewhere to go on Saturday and Sunday while I'm running that doesn't have an entrance fee (like a park would.) I was also considering a boardwalk area resort to be able to just walk to epcot (and be close to all of the food.....because that's pretty much why we would be going) but the only availability is Beach Club and I was honestly under-whelmed when we stayed there a couple years ago.

I should really just book all-stars, save the money, and be done with it. But I also feel like these are going to be our most resort-heavy days and IDK if that's where I want to be for them. LOL!

we keep saying we are going to take a break from disney but it has yet to happen.

We are staying at Saratoga Thursday-Monday so we can just walk to disney springs for all of the food options, or just something to do (wander around, eat a dolewhip, people watch, etc.) Plus it'll give DH somewhere to go on Saturday and Sunday while I'm running that doesn't have an entrance fee (like a park would.) I was also considering a boardwalk area resort to be able to just walk to epcot (and be close to all of the food.....because that's pretty much why we would be going) but the only availability is Beach Club and I was honestly under-whelmed when we stayed there a couple years ago.

I should really just book all-stars, save the money, and be done with it. But I also feel like these are going to be our most resort-heavy days and IDK if that's where I want to be for them. LOL!

Understandable! We are planning on more resort time because I'm running Dopey, so that's why I splurged! Come stay at the VGF2 with me! 😂

I always say we are taking a break too, but we really should. Switch to vacations that my DH would actually go on. 😂

If you can swing it, why not book at a value for those two nights and see what comes up for other DVC rentals? You may still be able to snag something closer in at MK or E area resorts.

With so many race trips planned this year and next I finally just booked all stars. I like the deluxe resorts and all but I had to cut somewhere!

Woodlands area here too.
Now I am wondering if any of us have ever passed each other on a run!

league city/webster.... representing here
The greater Houston area is well represented here!

For those unfamiliar with the sprawl of Houston, The Woodlands and League City are 60 miles apart and 1-1.5 hours of drive time depending on the time of day. Yet, we all say we are from Houston!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter