I’m trying to temper my expectations, but this is my first and only year getting all six, so I really hope they come through. I expect to be happy either way, though.
I'm figuring it will be that way for me too. Really just hoping for a nice Mickey medal.

I have kind of low expectations for medals this year. The medals for the 25th and 5th were pretty awesome and will be hard to top for a while. I would like though if they exceed my expectations.
Same here. I do not expect anything approaching the 20th or 25th anniversary medals.

Oreo cookies are gross.....

I just hope the medals are better looking than W&D. I’m still puzzled why they would release a rose gold medal for W&D instead of Princess.
My sister said the 5K race to benefit the youth flag football league in her town had a rose gold medal. As a mother of two boys, that dissuaded her from signing up because her sons would not be remotely interested in it.

No rose gold please...
Agreed. Marathon weekend is not the weekend to go crazy on rose gold.

Minnie on a Rose Gold Medal would make me SO HAPPY.
On the Minnie medal, it wouldn't be the end of the world. But only on Minnie.

Also ... I did the math a few weeks ago based on when W&D medals came out and the amount of time between W&D and marathon weekend, I think we've got another few weeks before medal release.
Maybe this will help me simply be surprised (and hopefully very happy with the results) when they do preview the medals.

And, the Epcot Art Festival will be back starting Jan. 18 according to Parks Blog today. I'll finally get to see it as last year we left the first day of it so missed it. Anyone else still going to be around for it?
I would have liked to have seen it, but not happening for me. Then again, I haven't visited Epcot without a festival since 1994.

If the Mickey or Goofy medal is cool, I'm in trouble. I'm just banking on the Donald medal being not as weird as the 2017 one. And so that sets that bar low enough to be happy with it :)

That medal was stupid. No doubt responsible for the cursed race that it was!

Although the Goofy medal this last year was equally stupid and at least it wasn't cursed!

If the Mickey or Goofy medal is cool, I'm in trouble. I'm just banking on the Donald medal being not as weird as the 2017 one. And so that sets that bar low enough to be happy with it :)
2017 was a bad year of sorts for runDisney. The Donald medal for the half was bad and the Rebel Challenge medal was so bland and uncreative.

That medal was stupid. No doubt responsible for the cursed race that it was!

Although the Goofy medal this last year was equally stupid and at least it wasn't cursed!
There have been a few WDW half medals I have disliked. I liked Mickey and Goofy on the medal, but the shape is similar to that 2017 Donald medal.

I like the idea of character based medals. But I should be able to clearly tell which character it is.

And, the Epcot Art Festival will be back starting Jan. 18 according to Parks Blog today. I'll finally get to see it as last year we left the first day of it so missed it. Anyone else still going to be around for it?

:wave: We leave the 19th! We went the first year and it was fun, so I’m looking forward to any improvements they’ve made.

I live in the middle of the desert, in a tiny city, on a lake, that only caters to tourism. I am 2 hours from Las Vegas, NV and 3 hours from Phoenix, AZ. There is one road in and one road out. And our biggest store is a Walmart.

on the plus side, you have a very nice bridge that got shot up by nazis in the war.

You don’t have a target? What civilization do you live in?

I live in the middle of the desert, in a tiny city, on a lake, that only caters to tourism. I am 2 hours from Las Vegas, NV and 3 hours from Phoenix, AZ. There is one road in and one road out. And our biggest store is a Walmart.

We don't have a Target either, just a Walmart. Just like @jennamfeo but in Arkansas, lol.

:wave: We leave the 19th! We went the first year and it was fun, so I’m looking forward to any improvements they’ve made.
That's when we leave too in the afternoon. I'm glad it was fun! I have no idea what to expect at it. Last year we saw the booths setup so got a glimpse of not really anything, ha!

Goofy always seems to be very weird.
He is my favorite, but I mean he is like a dog man so weird indeed, ha!

When we were in Texas, we didn’t have a Target. It was a bleak time. Some complain about our current assignment but when I saw there was a Target (and Publix), I knew I would be just fine.

You don’t have a target? What civilization do you live in?
I live in a town of like 1K people... we don't have anything. But drinks at the local bars are all <$5... so there's that. (Thankfully the city I work in has Target and WalMart...)

GUYS! The pony express dropped some of these off at my local grocery store! I didn't even have to go to Walmart! Yayyyy!
View attachment 352802

P.S. They taste magical! pixiedust:

Ahh! Cute pic! I might have to try these!

I feel like I need to go to Target and get these and the Life Mickey magazine. Has anyone gotten the magazine? Worth it? I keep looking at it and then don't want to pay $13.99 for it...

(edited to correct magazine to Life... )

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter