I tried earlier just to see how the races were filling up ( I won't be registering until next year) and gave up after about 20 minutes. I just checked and everything is available except for the 5k. Since I will only be planning on doing the marathon in 2020, (JUST the marathon, what a thing to say) I think I will wait until the dust settles to register.

Ugh! This happened to me!!! SOOO FRUSTRATING! I had my WHOLE family registered, then the payment button was just greyed out. I waited 20 minutes! NOTHING! I restarted my Mac, had a hell of a time getting back in the queue. FINALLY, when I got back in the queue, another 20 minutes before I got to re-register ALL OF US!

2 HOURS all in all!!! BUT! Yay! Registered and have a one bedroom villa in BLT!!!!! YIPPEEEE!!!

YAY!!! We're staying in the same resort/room type! Only one of us isn't running, but she's a dancer.

@run.minnie.miles omg you are seeing Hamilton for your birthday in Chicago!!! With all of life's bazaar twists this week I didn't realize it's already chicago week. Probably too late to give recs. But the lakeshore path for at least a walk, the museum campus, and Michigan Ave shopping are good starts. Or you could join me on a 10 mile run Sunday!! J/k...maybe

I tried earlier just to see how the races were filling up ( I won't be registering until next year) and gave up after about 20 minutes. I just checked and everything is available except for the 5k. Since I will only be planning on doing the marathon in 2020, (JUST the marathon, what a thing to say) I think I will wait until the dust settles to register.
Even for the 25th anniversary marathon I didn't register until September 21st. No reason to rush for marathon registration at WDW.

@DopeyBadger - Question for you. My wife’s 10K time was 1:13:36. She selected that she would finish the half under 2:45 and entered 1:13:36 as her proof. I thought she would be in Coral E. But now I am not sure. Where do you think she will end up?

You've got it right.

screen-shot-2018-07-19-at-1-10-35-pm-png.337949

The top table is the Marathon corrals (including Goofy and Dopey). The bottom table is the Half Marathon corrals. The 2:45 HM POT race equivalent corral for the HM is Corral E, which I put an estimated cutoff at 1:14:46 for a converted 10k. Corral D would be a 1:07:59 necessary 10k. Thus, your wife's time of 1:13:36 is most likely in Corral E (or the last POT submittable corral).

As a different example, let's say someone signed up for the Dopey challenge. They have possible POT times of a 10 mile time of 1:23:00, a HM time of 1:58:00, and a M time of 4:45:00. They would use the top table to estimate the corral positions based on converting different race distances to a marathon equivalent.

-Submit the M time of 4:45:00 and the person is likely to end up in Corral D. To move to Corral C, they would need a 4:30:00 M or less. See yellow column "Marathon".
-Submit the HM time of 1:58:00 and the person is likely to end up in Corral C. To move to Corral B, they would need a 1:53:32 HM or less. See blue column "HM -> runDisney?"
-Submit the 10 mile time of 1:23:00 and the person is likely to end up in Corral B. To move to Corral A, they would need a 1:17:44 10 miler or less. See purple column "10 mile -> runDisney?"

The times shown in each box corresponding with each Corral letter represent the cutoff (or necessary time) to gain access to that specific corral. Since a 1:23:00 10 miler is less than 1:24:48, but greater than 1:17:44, then the 10 miler POT puts that runner in Corral B.

Remember these are not definitive but a very reasonable guess. As always, if runDisney changes the corralling system then this above example could easily be different. Based on the registration though, the one thing I am fairly confident of is the last three corrals being as displayed above based on choosing a non-POT corral and estimated finish.

You've got it right.

The top table is the Marathon corrals (including Goofy and Dopey). The bottom table is the Half Marathon corrals. The 2:45 HM POT race equivalent corral for the HM is Corral E, which I put an estimated cutoff at 1:14:46 for a converted 10k. Corral D would be a 1:07:59 necessary 10k. Thus, your wife's time of 1:13:36 is most likely in Corral E (or the last POT submittable corral).

As a different example, let's say someone signed up for the Dopey challenge. They have possible POT times of a 10 mile time of 1:23:00, a HM time of 1:58:00, and a M time of 4:45:00. They would use the top table to estimate the corral positions based on converting different race distances to a marathon equivalent.

-Submit the M time of 4:45:00 and the person is likely to end up in Corral D. To move to Corral C, they would need a 4:30:00 M or less. See yellow column "Marathon".
-Submit the HM time of 1:58:00 and the person is likely to end up in Corral C. To move to Corral B, they would need a 1:53:32 HM or less. See blue column "HM -> runDisney?"
-Submit the 10 mile time of 1:23:00 and the person is likely to end up in Corral B. To move to Corral A, they would need a 1:17:44 10 miler or less. See purple column "10 mile -> runDisney?"

The times shown in each box corresponding with each Corral letter represent the cutoff (or necessary time) to gain access to that specific corral. Since a 1:23:00 10 miler is less than 1:24:48, but greater than 1:17:44, then the 10 miler POT puts that runner in Corral B.

Remember these are not definitive but a very reasonable guess. As always, if runDisney changes the corralling system then this above example could easily be different. Based on the registration though, the one thing I am fairly confident of is the last three corrals being as displayed above based on choosing a non-POT corral and estimated finish.
Awesome!! Thank You (again)!! I know it is still somewhat of an unknown, but I also know you would be able to make the best educated guess.

LOL, I said something similar yesterday. I was trying to get in for the 10K but after an hour and a half of trying, I had to head to work and it of course sold out. I kinda left it up to chance yesterday as my heart was not 100% sold on running that weekend. However, now I guess I'll JUST be striving for the half marathon!

CHARITIES..... I have not seen ANYTHING on registering with a charity. That was my backup plan for the 10K. Does anyone have any intel on that??? Maybe they are waiting this year to post registration with charities until some more races sell out??

You've got it right.

Great. Now my goal for my Half in September is 1:53:32.
:rotfl2:

I'm feeling like the 2:07 should be doable except I'm still in injury recovery so we're going to see. Haha. But I have two shots before the PoT window closes.
As of right now, I would be in E. With my actual goal I have for my September Half I would be in C. But B just sounds better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter