This has been asked like 80,000 times I'm sure...do we know when January will open up on the web to stalk hotel costs? Just in case I were to want to do that?
I know I can call disney now for rates, but I'm still in stalking mode.
June/July is when they open online.

Maybe this one?

Some science for run/walk methodology

You can most certainly manipulate the length of the interval. For me personally, when I write others pacing I set the walk at 30 seconds (per Galloway's most recent recommendation). I then find out the comfortable walking pace from the runner and that sets the distance covered for the walk. I then set the run pace/duration based on the current fitness of the person and trying to find fitness relevant pacing. Like for instance for the Galloway LR pace (Marathon pace + 2 min), I tend to use Marathon pace +9% as the run pace. Then based on 3/4 intervals being set (person's walk pace, 30 sec walk duration, and MP +9%) allows me to figure out the run duration to hit the MP + 2 min. This blends Galloway's methodology with my methodologies on current fitness pacing. It keeps the LR as almost exclusively easy and aerobic as desired.

Here are some testimonials from other's I've helped that have done a 2.5 hr max LR (a few run/walk go to 180 min).

TESTIMONIALS: 2018 Disney Marathon Weekend; Winter/Spring 2018

Several different ways to make it accomplishable. While the plan may max at 14/16 miles, what you'll see is the runner is still doing a significant amount of running throughout the week. The one thing I really try hard to accomplish in writing a marathon plan is having some back to back days at very easy pacing. So a hallmark is a 90 min Saturday + a 150 min Sunday near the end of the plan. While in total mileage the long run may be down, the cumulative mileage of these two runs may be near that same distance but allows for recovery between. It keeps you training so that the necessary recovery from the long run doesn't bleed into the rest of the week's training.

It's pretty common to see a 20 mile max in a marathon. Some coaches that advocate for a time duration limit of 150-180 min for a single training run are Hansons, Jack Daniels, and Jeff Gaudette.

Thank you @DopeyBadger this is super helpful!

And in one brief post @rteetz ratchets up the pressure on @roxymama to do Dopey to astronomical proportions.

Just for that - I'm willing to throw $50 at @roxymama's Dopey registration fee. (Sorry it isn't more but I have a Goofy & a 10K registration to pay for as well)

Why am I sweating now, when I'm not even running today???
200w.webp

Belated SAFD: Nothing. There are plenty of things at Disney that I don't enjoy (PeopleMover, I'm looking at you), but I wouldn't call them overrated, just not to my taste. Just because I don't enjoy something, doesn't make it overrated.

If @roxymama does Dopey I just might be willing to paint my face...

Someone is going to print this out (or screenshot it on their phone) so that we have proof that @rteetz has to get his face painted while @roxymama is walking around with her Dopey medal, right?

Belated SAFD: Nothing. There are plenty of things at Disney that I don't enjoy (PeopleMover, I'm looking at you), but I wouldn't call them overrated, just not to my taste. Just because I don't enjoy something, doesn't make it overrated.

Someone is going to print this out (or screenshot it on their phone) so that we have proof that @rteetz has to get his face painted while @roxymama is walking around with her Dopey medal, right?
I like your SAFD answer except for the hurtful words towards the people mover.

Again I didn’t say I’d do it for sure ;)

Wow, some of this week’s answers almost hurt! I agree we all have different preferences and perspectives, but seriously, Tiffins, Illuminations, Flight of Passage, Festival of the Lion King? Then I realized that some things can be awesome and (slightly) overrated at the same time…

On the flip side, I can definitely get behind some of the others listed – Chef Mickey's, Be Our Guest, Peter Pan, Deluxe Dining Plan (heck, I’d say all Disney Dining Plans are overrated, free or otherwise).

I guess I have to come up with something to add, so I’ll go with Disney bacon. Just… yuck. Which is sad since good bacon can make everything better.

Wow, some of this week’s answers almost hurt! I agree we all have different preferences and perspectives, but seriously, Tiffins, Illuminations, Flight of Passage, Festival of the Lion King? Then I realized that some things can be awesome and (slightly) overrated at the same time…

I totally get what you are saying. I love disney stuff for all the reasons lots of people out in the real world hate it. I like nostalgia and kitschy and silly and "not real." So sometimes the "lamest" attractions (according to some) are my absolute fave.
People Mover, Tiki Room, Mexico boat ride, Navi River...all E-tickets for me :)

I guess I have to come up with something to add, so I’ll go with Disney bacon. Just… yuck. Which is sad since good bacon can make everything better.

I'll agree with you on that! Grand Floridian Cafe has good bacon in their sandwich but most other bacon sucks.

Just got a quote from a TA for Pop and am now thinking of going with it. So the eternal question I keep posting, what are people's experience with Pop for races? Do they share a bus with AofA?
I won't know until November when I stay at Pop for Wine and Dine. They probably share for the expo but I would think on race morning they have their own bus.

Just got a quote from a TA for Pop and am now thinking of going with it. So the eternal question I keep posting, what are people's experience with Pop for races? Do they share a bus with AofA?

I stayed at Pop for Princess, and I don't recall making a stop on the bus to the race. Everything was smooth in terms of buses to the race and back.

So, I've never gone to the expo from pop, so not sure on that one. Coming back from the expo, they shared buses. Not sure which hotel was first since this was 2+ years ago and my memory is going.
Going to the race we had our own bus, and coming back after we shared with AoA.
Overall, I thought it was a fairly seamless experience. The hotel is pretty close to the expo, so that's a short ride, and other than confusion one morning about where the bus would pick us up (spoiler alert: it wasnt where the race transportation sign was ... but by the second morning pickup was as expected), everything was great. Lots of runners there too, so you're never waiting for a bus alone.
If I wasnt going deluxe this trip, I'd be back at Pop.

I won't know until November when I stay at Pop for Wine and Dine. They probably share for the expo but I would think on race morning they have their own bus.

I stayed at Pop for Princess, and I don't recall making a stop on the bus to the race. Everything was smooth in terms of buses to the race and back.

So, I've never gone to the expo from pop, so not sure on that one. Coming back from the expo, they shared buses. Not sure which hotel was first since this was 2+ years ago and my memory is going.
Going to the race we had our own bus, and coming back after we shared with AoA.
Overall, I thought it was a fairly seamless experience. The hotel is pretty close to the expo, so that's a short ride, and other than confusion one morning about where the bus would pick us up (spoiler alert: it wasnt where the race transportation sign was ... but by the second morning pickup was as expected), everything was great. Lots of runners there too, so you're never waiting for a bus alone.
If I wasnt going deluxe this trip, I'd be back at Pop.

Thanks guys! It sounds like it would be a good choice. Not as fancy as BC or POFQ like I was hoping but trying to save some money and the TA deal is great. Might be able to swing an AP with the savings! Then I have an excuse for another trip or two next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!