327. Mac n cheese hotdog at Casey’s corner
328. Bribing my family with hot chocolate to get up for rope drop.
329. Mr. Toad’s gravestone outside of Haunted Mansion
330. Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor

331. Treating my daughter's friend to her first Disney visit and seeing her face light up when she realized it didn't cost anything to ride the monorail.

Hey everybody... sorry not to post 336. :offtopic: but I had a quick question for all you WDW experts. We don't visit often enough to know the best tips for which day to visit what park, etc. I am going to pick up the EasyWDW book this summer - this seems like the one everyone raves about. But in the meantime - even if you're staying on-property, do you all generally avoid the parks that have EMH in the morning? This seems to be a tip I hear about often. How does Marathon Weekend complicate things (if any)? We will be there 7 days, and since we don't go very often we want to maximize our time there. We are signing up for Dopey. As we approach the 180 day window in a couple of months I was preparing to make some ADR's and wanted to get an idea of which parks are recommended for each day we are there. Thanks in advance!

Hey everybody... sorry not to post 336. :offtopic: but I had a quick question for all you WDW experts. We don't visit often enough to know the best tips for which day to visit what park, etc. I am going to pick up the EasyWDW book this summer - this seems like the one everyone raves about. But in the meantime - even if you're staying on-property, do you all generally avoid the parks that have EMH in the morning? This seems to be a tip I hear about often. How does Marathon Weekend complicate things (if any)? We will be there 7 days, and since we don't go very often we want to maximize our time there. We are signing up for Dopey. As we approach the 180 day window in a couple of months I was preparing to make some ADR's and wanted to get an idea of which parks are recommended for each day we are there. Thanks in advance!
I don’t really understand that tip. I’ve never been one to avoid early EMH. I always stay on property too. Being there for rope drop works to you advantage more often than not. Now if I was off site I probably would avoid it because you aren’t getting any advantage to getting there early then.

We're an EMH couple and with the combination of FP+ and the extra hour find that we can get a lot of the headliners done in a couple of hours. We like our pool time so will typically spend a couple, maybe 3 hours at a park for an AM EMH, head back to the resort, I'll run and my wife will set up camp at the pool. Late afternoon we walk to Epcot for our evening fun. We're Epcot fan's and are fortunate to be at the BCVs so that works for us.
Whatever you choose and if it is AM EMH, give yourself a mid-day break!

^ thanks for the advice so far. Whenever we've gone we've always been rope drop people (at both DLR and WDW)... we just generally rope drop at a park that doesn't have EMH. It seems like the general advice I've heard is that if you're planning on spending most of the early part of the day at an EMH park it is going to be more crowded than the other 3 parks.

This is great perspective, though... and with us running everyday, maybe getting there at EMH (when we can) then taking more time off in the afternoon to give our bodies a rest may not be a bad idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter