Marathon candy bar - what country???

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
I know it's not branded under the Marathon name any more. But I read a post some time ago about what is essentially the old Marathon candy bar (woven caramel covered in milk chocolate) being sold in one of the Epcot countries. But I can't remember which country (sounds like it should be in the UK), or what it's called now.

Any help?

Thanks

I don't think it's Snickers.

I did some searching and I think it's called the Curly Wurly and is made by Cadbury. Since Cadbury is a UK company, is the Curly Wurly sold in one of the UK shops?

Snurk is right the woven caramel is called a Curly Wurly bar by Cadbury. Snickers bars used to be called Marathon Bars years ago, but they are caramel, peaunut and noughat chocolate covered bars. Both would be found in the UK.

I'm English - yes a snickers is a marathon..changed name 10 plus years ago.

A curly wurly is just twisted caramel covered in chocolate in a white wrapper.

I'm English - yes a snickers is a marathon..changed name 10 plus years ago.

A curly wurly is just twisted caramel covered in chocolate in a white wrapper.

Just to clear things up here--BIG fan of the old American Marathon!

Snickers in America is Marathon in the UK. If you're American and want the old Marathon bar from the 1970's don't get the Marathon in Epcot. Get what's called a "Curly Wurly."

Curly Wurly in the UK is what the old American Marathon bar has become. I'm looking to get a ton of these---really and truly can't wait to have my favorite childhood candy bar back in my hands!!!!

Also try Canada.
In real life, I buy Cadbury in Quebec. Going up there tomorrow!

I bought a candy bar last month that was just like our Milky Way, but had another name.

Candy is cool! :goodvibes

Oh Yum, I remember them from when I was a kid. We used to freeze them. I will have to look for them next month. THanks.

Also try Canada.
In real life, I buy Cadbury in Quebec. Going up there tomorrow!

I bought a candy bar last month that was just like our Milky Way, but had another name.

Candy is cool! :goodvibes

That would be a MARS bar.

I do not like american chocolate (not sure why- just tastes a bit bitter to me?) so I always end up buying Cadbury out there too.....for like triple the price of home :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest