Make your own Window Clings Tutorial

This is a great thread! I was just thinking about some ideas to accomplish this today.

I do have a bit of advice - once the paint is completely dry, put a piece of parchment (baking) paper in between each sheet when you stack them. Don't use waxed paper as it will leave a residue if it gets hot and prevent sticking. But the silicone parchment paperwork will work like a dream. I do this for my magnet sheets I print for our door at Pop (and now the window decorations as well)

Thanx for the BRILLIANT idea!!

Has anyone tried the Staples brand window cling? It seems like they never dry! :mad:

DId you by any chance feed it through the printer upside down? I accidentally put one through the wrong way and it was wet and messy and would have never dried.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what's happened... :confused3

OK, so I found this thread a while back and thought it sounded neat. My sister and I have printed our window clings, and we went looking for this vinyl paint, and we can't find it anywhere! We're in Texas, and Menard's (where the OP found her paint) is up North.

Can anyone who has done this tell me where you found the paint (and in what section if it's a huge store)??

If you did this, but you didn't use this specific paint, what did you use? Did it work well??

My sister found the Office Depot brand of window cling, and we're super excited -- this paint will just make them look so much better if we can find it. :) Please help! We leave in a couple of weeks. :wizard:

OK, so I found this thread a while back and thought it sounded neat. My sister and I have printed our window clings, and we went looking for this vinyl paint, and we can't find it anywhere! We're in Texas, and Menard's (where the OP found her paint) is up North.

Can anyone who has done this tell me where you found the paint (and in what section if it's a huge store)??

If you did this, but you didn't use this specific paint, what did you use? Did it work well??

My sister found the Office Depot brand of window cling, and we're super excited -- this paint will just make them look so much better if we can find it. :) Please help! We leave in a couple of weeks. :wizard:

Home Depot has Vinyl Paint in cans. I think Rustoleum makes it.

I had seen these in Dec at WDW and wished I knew how it was done. Thanks for the instructions. We are going on a cruise in Febuary and would like to announce our 40th Anniversary this way

Here's a link to the paint that I talked about in the OP. It's made by Rustoleum. I would think that Home Depot would carry it by their spray paints. Good luck - I hope you find it. ETA: I just noticed on that link there's a store locator - maybe that would help get you in the right direction. You could call ahead and see if they carry it.

I had seen these in Dec at WDW and wished I knew how it was done. Thanks for the instructions. We are going on a cruise in Febuary and would like to announce our 40th Anniversary this way
Happy Anniversary! :lovestruc Let me know if you have any questions when you make your window clings!! Have a fabulous cruise!!!

Thanks. I followed the link and did the store locator the other day, and it just tells you who carries Rustoleum. I went to Lowe's, WalMart, and 2 different Home Depots and still can't find it. Is it in a different section than the section with the regular spray paints?

I noticed, macntosh, that you are from Dallas, TX (like me). Could you tell me (if you remember) which Home Depot you found it at? I'd really appreciate it. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for this tutorial! I want to make some for our upcoming trip in 3 weeks and was wondering where did you all get your designs from?

Thanks!

Here are some of the clings I designed, plus I found some fun Disney images that I'm printing off to fill up the sheet:

CantBelievemyeye-1.jpg

GoofyBirthdayWIsh-1.jpg

Incredibles9thAnniversary-1.jpg

Any of the images on the DISign board will work just great with this too.

I will definitely take pictures to share with everyone of the completed window.

PLease! Could I have the incredible's family without number nine, and Mike one bigger. Thanks

Just wanted to chime in here.

I followed these instructions when making window clings for our upcoming wedding. When we spray painted the designs, the colors ran making the words impossible to read and smearing the design.

SO, we came up with a better idea, that didnt involve spray paint at all.

We bought full sheet mailing labels. So we printed out our clings on the window cling paper (again, reversing image) and then put the full sheet label right over what we had just printed. The brand we bought, the adhesive they use is a little grayish, so even though the mailing label itself is white, you are actually using the back of the mailing label (with the adhesive) as your background for the window cling. Then we just cut them down to the proper size.

All our guests will have to do is peel off the protective coating from the front of the window cling and pop it in thier window.:thumbsup2
Our test one is still hanging on our sliding glass door - been there over 3 weeks now, so it definitely sticks well!

window_cling.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter