Magical Express and Going To A Different Hotel

Tigger28

Earning My Ears
In a couple of weeks we are staying at WL. My BF is coming in on a different flight 20 minutes later and is staying at Pop. We want to all go on the bus to WL, eat there and then head out to HS together. Even though he is staying at another resort will they let him board our Magical Express bus to WL?

In a couple of weeks we are staying at WL. My BF is coming in on a different flight 20 minutes later and is staying at Pop. We want to all go on the bus to WL, eat there and then head out to HS together. Even though he is staying at another resort will they let him board our Magical Express bus to WL?
is not allowed but even if was how would BF get carryons to that resort as they are not allowed on park buses?

Not allowed. They will check where you are supposed to go. He will be put on the bus for his resort and will not be able to change.

He isn't bringing a carry on so that wouldn't be a concern. I know they make you scan your band a few times before getting on your ME bus. But I just didn't know if it was something you were allowed to do. However, I guess we will just meet at HS and all start our day together there. Unless anyone else has any suggestions?

He isn't bringing a carry on so that wouldn't be a concern. I know they make you scan your band a few times before getting on your ME bus. But I just didn't know if it was something you were allowed to do. However, I guess we will just meet at HS and all start our day together there. Unless anyone else has any suggestions?
He can uber/left over to you at WL after check in or you could Minnie van to him. Otherwise just meet at the parks. Once everyone is checked in at the World it will be easier to meet up.

If by some crazy chance the same bus is assigned to wl and pop, it can work as long as he’s not stowing anything under the bus. But you won’t know that until you go to the kiosk and are sent to the line(s).

That would be a crazy chance! I've gone to Pop on ME several times and we stopped at AoA and possibly one other (maybe Caribbean beach?), but WL would be far out of the way!

Have your bf ask when they arrive at MCO. A. Couple of posters were acccpmodated. Most werent.

Uber. They'll take him right to WL

Why no carry-on? That is just asking for the airline to lose your luggage.

Why no carry-on? That is just asking for the airline to lose your luggage.
Worth mentioning there can be any number of reasons for someone not to bring a carry on.
On our last trip DH came down 3 days after DD, DGD and I. I brought everything he'd have in his carry on in my suitcase so it was already at the resort with me. He was able to travel with only a small backpack that held his book and other personal immediate needs for the flight. So when he arrived he hopped on Uber and joined us at the park, dropping his backpack in a luggage locker, saving a lot of time.
Some people throw caution to the wind. They don't agree that dragging half your stuff on the flight is necessary. Their stuff, their risk. Just because it's not how you'd like to travel doesn't mean it's not how they'd like to travel.

Worth mentioning there can be any number of reasons for someone not to bring a carry on.
On our last trip DH came down 3 days after DD, DGD and I. I brought everything he'd have in his carry on in my suitcase so it was already at the resort with me. He was able to travel with only a small backpack that held his book and other personal immediate needs for the flight. So when he arrived he hopped on Uber and joined us at the park, dropping his backpack in a luggage locker, saving a lot of time.
Some people throw caution to the wind. They don't agree that dragging half your stuff on the flight is necessary. Their stuff, their risk. Just because it's not how you'd like to travel doesn't mean it's not how they'd like to travel.

To me no carry on means no bag. Having a backpack to me is having a carry on.

The airline lingo tends to be that a carryon is a suitcase that goes in the overhead bin while a “personal item” is a purse or backpack that fits underneath the seat in front of you. Those personal items should still be allowed on park buses.

The airline lingo tends to be that a carryon is a suitcase that goes in the overhead bin while a “personal item” is a purse or backpack that fits underneath the seat in front of you. Those personal items should still be allowed on park buses.
Right. I've never considered my purse a carry on bag. Though I guess I could technically manage without even that, if I wore park attire on the flight. I can fit everything I need in my pockets, ID, money, phone, etc. So yeah, in the right circumstances I could even fly without even a purse. Though I can't see any reason to call that a "carry on"

Yep. That’s how I use those words, too.

Not Disney related - but I have a home in Arkansas and one in New Orleans. When I've traveled by air I've often gotten on the plane with only a tiny crossbody purse as I have duplicates of everything in both places. Some people use the owner's locker program and leave a lot of stuff in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter