Magic bands with insulin pumps

ClareH37

DIS Veteran
I use a Medtronic insulin pump and noticed re. the magic bands Disney advise
"every device differs so we encourage you to check directly with your device manufacturer and physician."

I've contacted Medtronic and they advise not to use the magic band but I'd be interested if they're perhaps being over cautious and if anyone who has a Medtronic insulin pump has used the magic bands?

Thanks

Oh, good question! I hadn't even thought of this! Faith wears an Omnipod and a Dexcom. Subbing in to see answers!

Note - don't have time to check out any of the links posted above, but just wanted to pop in and say Husband has a Medtronic pump and he wore his Magic Band for 8 days with no problem. HTH. :)

Thank you for the links, lots to think about.

Note - don't have time to check out any of the links posted above, but just wanted to pop in and say Husband has a Medtronic pump and he wore his Magic Band for 8 days with no problem. HTH. :)

Thank you that's reassuring :thumbsup2

Hi! I went to Disney with the TSlim in August. I also had no issues with the insulin pump and magic band being in very close proximity to one another.

Hello there! My little guy is T1 and we have been twice since the magic bands have been introduced. The first time he had a Medtronic Paradigm and the last visit we had switched to the Animas Ping. We didn't even think about the magic bands impacting the pump! It makes sense though...At any rate, we didn't have any issues that we noticed.

I would love to hear feedback from more families about their experiences tho :goodvibes

Take care :)

My son has a PING and I never thought twice about wearing a Magic Band.

Hi,
My daughter wears a MM Revel. She has worn her Magic Band on 4+ trips and we have never had an issue with her wearing both at the same time.

No idea for Medtronic, but we had no issues with my sons' Omnipod or Dexcom.

My guess would be it's just a generic warning: the legal department just had them put in just incase it does harm to someone's medical device to basically make it your risk rather than have to pay out for a new one. If you think about it with the number of cell phones around now on average day every one and everything is getting hit with some sort of radio signal.

Thank you again everyone :thumbsup2

Thanks EastYorkDisneyFan, that's what I was thinking too.

i know this is an older thread but I thought I would give it a bump to see if there is any more recent information/experience in using the Magicbands when wearing an insulin pump.

My DD14 uses the Medtronic insulin pump and until I was reading up on Magicbands, I didn't even consider that there might be an issue between the two. Anyone?

I hade the Medtronic Revel, 530G 640g and CGM go to disney about 60-80 days a year with no problem at all. you will be fine.

and if for some strange region some that happens to your pump just call Medtronic and they will over night you a new one.

Sounds good. I usually take a loaner pump with me for just in case there are any problems. It doesn't sound like it will be due to the Magicbands though so that's great.

I have an Insulin pump from Medtronic and never had a problem wearing the Magic Band while wearing the pump.

My 16 year old daughter uses the Medtronic 630G and has never had a problem with the pump and her magic bands. Has been to WDW about 4 times since she got the pump. We don't bring a back up pump but do always have extra pens incase we need to switch to shots.

Thanks! It sounds like I should have no worries and I'll have her wear her Magicband like everyone else.

Faith has worn her MB several times with Omnipod, Dexcom, and most recently a TSlim. No problems here. :D

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest