Magic Band+ availability?

ColoradoDis

DIS Veteran
Wondering if the selection of Magic Band+ is the same at World of Disney at Disney Springs and online at Shop Disney. We’re arriving a day early so we’d be able to pick one up but if the selection is the same, we’ll just order online.

Anyone ever check?

Sherry

Wondering if the selection of Magic Band+ is the same at World of Disney at Disney Springs and online at Shop Disney. We’re arriving a day early so we’d be able to pick one up but if the selection is the same, we’ll just order online.

Anyone ever check?

Sherry
Selection can vary, but you do save $10 per band buying them in advance thru your MDE - if you are staying on Disney property. World of Disney generally has a better selection than Shop Disney. There is also a store at DS that sells only pins and MagicBands. Great selection there.

Selection can vary, but you do save $10 per band buying them in advance thru your MDE - if you are staying on Disney property. World of Disney generally has a better selection than Shop Disney. There is also a store at DS that sells only pins and MagicBands. Great selection there.

Do you just go through the app to buy them ahead of time to save $10 each? Do you need a code or anything for that? And do you know if the selection there is the same as at Shop Disney?

It’s under magic bands on my Disney experience if you have a hotel reservation. The selection is different.

Do you just go through the app to buy them ahead of time to save $10 each? Do you need a code or anything for that? And do you know if the selection there is the same as at Shop Disney?
As @Apiary said, it is not through Shop Disney. You will need to go through your MDE app and must have a booked resort reservation. Choices and prices vary.

Note, you will need to order for your entire group at the same time which can be challenging based on availability. If you only order for part of your group the balance of your group will be shut out.

I usually go to the website and go to “My Disney Experience“ and choose Magic Bands and Cards. You will be able to order them there. Make sure you order all at once beca use you won’t be able to go back and order others later. It’s a one and done. You will pay for them when you order them. Selection is usually better than on ShopDisney, but can vary - even day to day. And no code needed.

As @Apiary said, it is not through Shop Disney. You will need to go through your MDE app and must have a booked resort reservation. Choices and prices vary.

Note, you will need to order for your entire group at the same time which can be challenging based on availability. If you only order for part of your group the balance of your group will be shut out.
Posted at the same time!

You can also just save your cash and use either your Apple Watch or get a free card at the gates or at your resort. Magic Bands are not mandatory unless you really just want one as a souvenir. We only bought a basic band for the kiddo who didn't have an Apple Watch. I am glad we didn't waste money on bands. There just isn't enough cool stuff included for me to drop that kind of cash on a plastic bracelet that won't have any use after vacation.

Is there anyway to see what is available at Disney Springs ahead of time? We are going in July and I don't really like the ones that are showing on MDE. Hate to choose one and then find something better when we arrive.

Last edited:
Is there anyway to see what is available at Disney Springs ahead of time? We are going in July and I don't really like the ones that are showing on MDE. Hate to choose one and then find something better when we arrive.

Maybe ask in the here now thread if anyone happened to take photos of mb while there. Or ask in the MB+ thread if anyone noticed or had photos of what’s there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter