Loop 500/canal question

bsjs0708

DIS Veteran
Hey all campers, got a quick question..
My brother has decided to join us in October and we've decided to stay in loop500 as it doesn't seem quite as popular as the 400 or 700 loops. I've noticed that a few outside sites back up to the canal. Is the canal visible from those sites? I think it would be really peace with beautiful views. If that's the case I would like to request those sites, I know it's not a guarantee but I can still put in a request and hope for the best.

Yes the canal is about 20ft behind those sites with the ones near the curve a little closer, but then you are getting closer to the road. Also on the other side of the canal is the 1400 loop so those sites will be visible from the 500 loop. Just remember October at the Fort will be full every night so every loop will be popular. Have fun.

Just got off the phone with Disney Travel. Absolutely NO availability in October for 8 night. Soooo, I booked September 27 - October 5. Was able to get 2 premium sites and linked reservations. So now just have to hurry up and wait to put in our on request. Would absolutely love back up to canal...

Just got off the phone with Disney Travel. Absolutely NO availability in October for 8 night. Soooo, I booked September 27 - October 5. Was able to get 2 premium sites and linked reservations. So now just have to hurry up and wait to put in our on request. Would absolutely love back up to canal...

You may get lucky. During our last visit we were offered a canal site. THe CM told us many were requesting to be on a site that was not directly on a canal for "safety" reasons. We don't care one way or another.
Just be aware that the canals, depending on location, season, rainfall..., may be nothing more than a narrow brackish puddle.

You got lucky, they anounced the star wars opening just now. There will be nothing left. Lol

Here's a canal view of 535 from our New Years Eve trip.

full

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter