looks like they have made some changes to the RAT and website

I miss the ability to adjust my search parameters without completely starting from scratch....or at least being able to see your search parameters without having to utilize a drop-down to see the calendar dates....
Right? I just noticed that today. I had done a search for some specific dates. The system displays your results for availability, but no indication on that page of exactly which dates you’ searched for. Seems a little silly.

I just saw that the "Add Dining Plan" button is back! Yea!

Yes!!! Just saw, I'm so excited! Saves me a call to Member Services!!

Maybe not, scrutinize that very carefully before adding...I was just about to add the dining plan for my March/April 2019 trip and it is listing the dining plan for 3 adults when the reservation very clearly says 2 adults and 1 child....

Maybe not, scrutinize that very carefully before adding...I was just about to add the dining plan for my March/April 2019 trip and it is listing the dining plan for 3 adults when the reservation very clearly says 2 adults and 1 child....

Is the child in your party over 9 years old? At 10 years old, I believe they're charged for the Adult dining plan. Example: My family is technically traveling with a "child" (she's still 17), but because she's older than 10, our dining plan would be for four adults.

Is the child in your party over 9 years old? At 10 years old, I believe they're charged for the Adult dining plan. Example: My family is technically traveling with a "child" (she's still 17), but because she's older than 10, our dining plan would be for four adults.

My daughter will be 7 at the time of the trip, I selected the Child age 3-9 option when i made my reservation. Not too worried about it, I can always call as it gets a little closer. We're still weighing whether or not the DDP makes sense for us.

EDIT: I looked at the RAT again and it appears it does not differentiate between children under the age of 10 and over the age of 10 when you search availablility for resort reservations....I honestly don't remember if the website asked me her age when I was putting all of her info in (name, etc.) so it's possible that's a bug in the system that requires a phone call...

My daughter will be 7 at the time of the trip, I selected the Child age 3-9 option when i made my reservation. Not too worried about it, I can always call as it gets a little closer. We're still weighing whether or not the DDP makes sense for us.

EDIT: I looked at the RAT again and it appears it does not differentiate between children under the age of 10 and over the age of 10 when you search availablility for resort reservations....I honestly don't remember if the website asked me her age when I was putting all of her info in (name, etc.) so it's possible that's a bug in the system that requires a phone call...

The old system used to request the exact age when making the reservation. Infant, 3-17 (I believe) and then adult or 18+. Something along those lines so you were pretty specific. I haven't made a reservation with the new system yet so maybe it's something else they forgot or messed up.

The old system used to request the exact age when making the reservation. Infant, 3-17 (I believe) and then adult or 18+. Something along those lines so you were pretty specific. I haven't made a reservation with the new system yet so maybe it's something else they forgot or messed up.

And I see what happened now, somehow my March/April reservation got screwed up and has my daughter's age as 17 instead of 7....sigh, I guess I'm calling Member Services tomorrow....

I know that RAT/Resort booking doesn't differentiate between a child under the age of 10 and a child between the ages of 10-17, I believe the dining plan is different/weird because they make the assumption that a child over the age of 10 may want to order from the adult menu. But you've already said that your daughter will be 7, so definitely call and make sure everything will be fine. Sorry the website is being weird for you!

I know that RAT/Resort booking doesn't differentiate between a child under the age of 10 and a child between the ages of 10-17, I believe the dining plan is different/weird because they make the assumption that a child over the age of 10 may want to order from the adult menu. But you've already said that your daughter will be 7, so definitely call and make sure everything will be fine. Sorry the website is being weird for you!

If only the modification function worked, I could fix it now and save myself the phone call :P....

#babysteps

I know, I just saw the post you made before I posted mine! Sorry-- hope you get it fixed soon!!

Thanks!! We're still quite a ways out and it doesn't affect our accommodations at all, so that's a relief....and hubby and I are still on the fence about doing DDP in the first place so we may not even book it....the QS dining plan isn't worth it but I think we can make the standard dining plan work to our advantage as long as our daughter qualifies for the child pricing. A character meal here and there and you've more than made it worth your while.

Once she hits 10 I think we're going totally OOP for food, but that's a topic for another forum :D

Since the "modify" option isn't currently available online, has anyone had success using the old two-browser method to hold a reservation and cancel a current one? It didn't work for me when I tried it today, so I'm wondering if it still works at a different point in the booking process or if it just no longer works in the new booking system.

Since the "modify" option isn't currently available online, has anyone had success using the old two-browser method to hold a reservation and cancel a current one? It didn't work for me when I tried it today, so I'm wondering if it still works at a different point in the booking process or if it just no longer works in the new booking system.

All reports I've read is that it no longer works.

All reports I've read is that it no longer works.
This makes it even more nerve racking if you are trying to secure a different reservation without losing the original one you had already. I was going to attempt to try to use the two browser method the other day and yes, it did not work, but I did get the change I wanted made without any problems. For people who have more than enough points to play with, can they book a new reservation before cancelling out the one they have on had already? Not that this would apply to me, but I am just curious.

For people who have more than enough points to play with, can they book a new reservation before cancelling out the one they have on had already?
As long as you are not borrowing that works perfectly.
If you used banked points for the original reservation and the second reservation came from current UY, you need to call MS after the fact and make sure all the points come from the older class. That works fine and can be done anytime before the reservation (or at least after 9AM eastern) on booking day...

Well I am glad for those owners who have a plethora of points so they can still book another reservation without risking their original one. Good for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter