**LIVE** from Coronado Springs

TinkerBelle_325

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone :goodvibes

I finally got a chance to make a live posting! I've been here at WDW since Friday the 25th and I have an insane amount of things to post about! LOL

1. The Polynesian

We stayed here for the first time from Friday August 25th - Sunday August 27th. I cannot rave enough about this resort. The grounds are incredibly beautiful, the staff are some of the best I've ever encountered on Disney property, the pool is breath-taking, the new rooms are amazing and the food (Kona Cafe and Ohana) is out of this world! We will definitely be going back!

We stayed in the Fiji longhouse, facing the marina on the 2nd floor (room 2316) I will post pictures of the room as soon as possible. It was refurbished, the only thing missing was the new headboards.

2. The Crowds

There are none! We've practically walked onto every ride with the exception of Space Mountain (15 minute wait) and Soarin (45 min and 60 min waits) We have done...Splash Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dumbo, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain. Spaceship Earth, Mission:Space (orange) Test Track, Soarin, Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids and Kilamanjaro Safaris (we saw the lion sitting up, looked right at our safari vehicle, he was grooming himself, very cute!) Rock n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. We've also been to the Downtown Disney Marketplace and Typhoon Lagoon.

3. The Weather

All the fuss about Ernesto turned out to be a bit of rain lasting from around 4pm into the night. They still did Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic. The only park that closed was Typhoon Lagoon. It was just a grey rainy day. Otherwise the weather has rocked! It's been in the 90s every day, mainly sunny with some clouds and the occassional afternoon thunderstorm that lasts maybe an hour.

4. The Food

My best friend and I have been on the DDP (free dining) and we have been loving it! Ernesto through a loop in our plans though and we didn't use any credits yesterday because we were off property. So far we have eaten...

Siestas (CSR Pool Bar) = 2 CS
- Chicken Finger Basket, Bottled water, Famous Amos Cookies
- Nacho Basket, Bottled water, Famous Amos Cookies

Le Cellier = 2 TS
- Cheese Soup, 7oz filet, Chocolate Mousse
- Cheese Soup, 7oz Filet, Canadian Club Cake

Pepper Market = 2 CS
- Pepperoni Pizza, Bottled Water, Chocolate Croissant
- Cheeseburger and Fries, Bottled Water, Cinnamon Bun

Rose & Crown = 2 TS
- Potato & Leek Soup, Beef Stew, Apple Crumble
- Shrimp Cocktail, Beef Stew, Apple Crumble

Flame Tree BBQ = 2 CS
- Ribs, Coke, Chocolate Cake
- Ribs, Coke, Frozen Lemonade

Liberty Tree Tavern = 2 TS
- Salad and Rolls, Turkey, Beef and Ham, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Mac & Cheese, Green Beans and Apple Cobbler

Upcoming...

Chefs de France (lunch)
Wolfgang Puck Cafe (dinner)
50s Primetime Cafe (lunch)
Alfredo's (dinner)
Crystal Palace (breakfast)

That's all I have time for for now! I'm off to Epcot to wander world showcase :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter