Live-action remakes tarnishing the original classics?

WOD

Earning My Ears
I am not sure what to think about all of these live-action remakes of the Disney cartoon classics. Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Aladdin, Lady and the Tramp....I mean, does this tarnish the legacy of the cartoons? Thoughts?

I think that the only way I’ve been able to enjoy both the classics and the new versions is to try and approach them as two completely different movies. The new Beauty and the Beast is a lot different from the original, and by taking that approach, I’ve greatly enjoyed watching the live action movies while still cherishing the originals

Reactions: WOD
I actually feel differently. I think the live action BatB is too similar, and thus redundant. Why would I ever choose to watch that one over the animated version. I prefer the remakes where they change it up a lot, like Maleficent, so that it stands on its own. That said, nothing they do with the new movies can tarnish or harm the originals. They are still there and still watchable. I'll just go with them if I don't prefer the new version.

I'm not really a fan of any of them and find them all entirely unnecessary and unimaginative cash grabs. Sure, some of them involve changing up the stories, but I haven't liked those either. I thought Maleficent was downright awful. I don't want a feel good anything for the mistress of all evil. I've tried to just approach them as completely different movies, but in doing so, I find them even more blah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter