Liquor tastings price increase as of 10/1

One of things I was told that on the Magic and Wonder you need to go through crew member areas to got behind the bar. That was why the drinks were made by the bartender

That's right, in Keys/Cadillac Lounge you have to go through a door next to the bar, into the CM area, and through another doorway to get behind the bar. IIRC the doors are virtually right next to one another, but those 2 steps into the CM area obviously makes it "no go" for guests.

We were able to book multiple tastings for our next cruise late this year. I's so excited we finally got Mixology since I have never been able to get into a session, I really can't wait to take that one. :drinking1
We also booked Martinis.... which I am not sure of because my only experience with a Martini was tasting my Aunt's when I was just barely of drinking age and that killed my urge to ever try another one until now. .
And we booked Bourbon because that is DH's favorite - so he will most likely drinking mine as well.
I wanted to book chocolate and liquor but DH doesn't do wine or champagne and we would have to go from Brunch at Palo right to the tasting which just won't work. The only thing I can do after brunch is get into comfy close and take a nap. :rotfl:
We've done tequila and beer tastings on several different cruises and always enjoyed it. And I did a wine tasting way back in 2001 on the Magic and remember only paying $10 or $15 back then. They are a great way to meet fellow cruisers and expand your horizons and step out of the box with what you drink.

I wanted to book chocolate and liquor but DH doesn't do wine or champagne and we would have to go from Brunch at Palo right to the tasting which just won't work.

Actually, DH and I just did exactly that last week on the Fantasy! :lmao: We had brunch at Palo and headed straight for for a champagne tasting. Did the chocolate and liquor one the next day which was my favorite. Sommelier Robert led both of these particular tastings we did and his knowledge was wonderful!

The way we coped with Palo brunch straight to a tasting was to only enjoy the ONE complimentary champagne/Mimosa at Palo and order no other adult beverage. :thumbsup2

It has been a few years since we cruised. Do you still have to book these after boarding, and if so , is there any way to know ahead of time what will be offered?

It has been a few years since we cruised. Do you still have to book these after boarding, and if so , is there any way to know ahead of time what will be offered?

Some will be available before you board, under Onboard Fun. But, there will be other sessions available to book once you embark.

Interesting. They must keep changing it up. When we did it on the Wonder, the glasses were basically miniature or half-size versions of "real" cocktail glasses. Like what you'd see in a child's playset (not that you'd probably be buying a cocktail making playset for a child of course).

And if you were selected to make a drink, you got to make the entire thing, from scratch (i.e. in the shaker, etc) in a full-sized cocktail glass. They didn't pre-prepare any part of it for the "make your own" part.

When I was on the Dream in August, all of the drinks were made by guests (everyone took turns and made one drink), and they were all definitely NOT full sized--probably about 1/2 or 1/3 sized. Thank goodness too, since I was sloshed even with the mini-drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter