limos/vans who to use, who not to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeyorepatty

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 11 traveling in October, very little luggage as my DH will be driving our car from Chicago (he hates flying) Who should we call for transportation from MCO to ASSP? Or better yet who should we NOT call.

In spite of the negative review of Yourride by Geri I still would have to recommend them. Our trip in June with them was just perfect. Rabbit called me at the hotel to confirm our trip to Universal as well as calling the night before we left to confirm our pickup time. We are using them again in two weeks. We used Happy Limo last year and was not very pleased and so we gave Yourride a try. I am sure that every company has its bad days. We chose Yourride because they are a board sponsor, and because they gave us the best price on a stretch limo. Good luck, whatever you decide, and have a magical trip!!

:Pinkbounc

Thank you. Back in November of 1999, these boards highly recommended a company (I can not remember the name---the owner was scooby or something like that) I had a horrible dealing with them, feel they played the shell game with me and tried to get more money out of me. I posted my comments on the boards only to get blasted everyday by the company to now post positive replies. So I am skeptical of these companies. I am trying to research to get the name of the company in 1999 to make sure they did not open up under a different name now.

I highly recommend Yourride. I will be using them in November and I have had great dealings with Rabbit. He answered all my questions promptly and professionally.

From what I have read on these threads... only Geri has had a bad experience, and I do feel bad for her. But Rabbit did make it up to her and did apologize on the threads too!! Not many companies would do that.

Good luck!

Has anyone heard of Happy Limo?
If I could jog some memories, was it Atlantis and Tiffany 2 1/2 years ago that the boards praised about? I think Atlantis is the one that messed us up, but I do not remember. I just want to check that they did not open up under a different name. Like I said the one I did have a problem with had a guy named scooby or something like that. Any help would be great!

From what I have read on these threads... only Geri has had a bad experience, and I do feel bad for her. But Rabbit did make it up to her and did apologize on the threads too!! Not many companies would do that.

Actually, if you read her last response on that thread, she says he didn't. She says that she was never contacted by him after she complained and there was never an offer of any type of compensation. He has not responded to this. There was also another negative post on that thread, but I don't know how much weight to give it as they didn't specify what the problem was. I've been looking for a limo service too and I've been reading recommendations. About the worst complaint I've read about any of the companies so far has been concerning driver attitude. I can put up with an attitude as long as they are there to pick me up. It's a rare post that says they just flat didn't show. There are too many companies to choose from that I'd take a chance with one who reportedly fails to show and then publicly claims to respond to complaints when the customer says they didn't.

Used Happy last Sept., Dec., and May. The May trip was O.K. but I felt like I was being hounded for more of a tip knowing that it was already included and the price is a little higher anyway I was miffed.

Used Yourride last weekend and was very pleased. I was off the plane and checked in 1hr. and 10min.! I also liked the fact that I had the same driver both ways and the fare was cheaper.

Before using Happy I used Tiffany and the last trip I used them no one showed up. I could understand how the limo business is kind of doggy dog, but there wasnt't an answer when I tried to call them. Posted it on the boards and got blasted.

What ever company you use have a backup plan in case there are problems. Good Luck!

eeyorepatty,

I think Atlantis is still operating under the same name. I've seen this company discussed on another board and the name Scoobey comes up, so it looks like they haven't changed the name.

About Happy Limo, I also felt, like LvsTnk, that I was being hounded for a tip, even though it was included in the fare. Other people seem to be pleased with them, though.

Again, good luck!

we used Yourride in June and were very pleased. Rabbit was very nice and professional and our driver was Ronnie who was the Most professional person I have ever dealt with. don't know who Geri is but her experience should be considered but not the only barometer for service. every company has off days and employees. so call Yourride. Isn't there a coupon eeyorepatty can print??

i don't think they "expect" your business. I would rather use a service that supports the DIS than one that doesn't. I know Rabbit was appreciative of our patronage and i volunteered that i found him on the DIS. He was professional before and after i told him i found out about him on the boards. i just realized something....why do we spend (including myself) :eek: so much time re trans from MCO to WDW?? Maybe, the boards can create a page with the company's that provide this service and leave it at that....or is there already a page??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter