Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT? On Which ship? IGT / Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 10B (2037)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy to try category and liked split bath but would not select in this block in future on deck 2.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? na
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 14 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT? On Which ship? OGT / Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 19 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9C (2528)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy with cabin and location.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 41 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT? On Which ship? VGT/ Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Great floor, right next to the elevators!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 25

I hope it doesn't change! They posted the assignment on a Monday around noon.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT? On Which ship? OGT/ Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B 2006
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy with the room, especially because it is connecting with our other OGT!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes - connecting!!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 55

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT? On Which ship? OGT/ Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 8C #7178
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Extremely happy to have a Deluxe Family Oceanview and it's on deck 7.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 89

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on the Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 154 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 05E room 10658
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Wanted 05E got what I wanted plus corner aft. Very pleased.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 200 but the option to book 05E as a VGT only came up the day before. I had only just changed to that category.

There's more to the story but I prefer not to give details. I'll leave it at this: I was the beneficiary of some unintended pixie dust as a result of using some advice on disboards. I was trying to do one thing and lucked into something else. I'll take it!
Was this a VGT rate or a GTY rate? With a VGT rate you can't pick the specific category (like a 05E), but you will be guaranteed to get a room with a veranda. With a GTY, you can pick the category. So it sounds like you booked a 05E GTY rate.

Was this a VGT rate or a GTY rate? With a VGT rate you can't pick the specific category (like a 05E), but you will be guaranteed to get a room with a veranda. With a GTY, you can pick the category. So it sounds like you booked a 05E GTY rate.
You're right GTY.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT Magic
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9b, 2048
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Generally happy, especially given that we got this stateroom for about 25% off the opening day price. Seems like a good mid-ship location, not connecting, split bathroom, large porthole. Nothing concerning directly above or below. And we've never stayed on deck 2 before, so looking forward to something different.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 30 days

Last edited:
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9b, 2048
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Generally happy, especially given that we got this stateroom for about 25% off the opening day price. Seems like a good mid-ship location, not connecting, split bathroom, large porthole. Nothing concerning directly above or below. And we've never stayed on deck 2 before, so looking forward to something different.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 30 days
I love the deck 2 oceanview rooms. I think you'll be happy!

I forgot to post this until I saw another recent reply come through... a little late, but interesting because this is the first time I've seen an assignment so far out from the cruise!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT and VGT Magic 10/6/17
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? around 38 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11b (for IGT) and 5c (For VGT)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Generally happy given that this is the first time that I booked two restricted guarantee rooms with linked reservations and they were able to get us very close together. I had my fingers crossed that the inside would have the split bathroom, which it doesn’t, but otherwise, I think we did OK. We are AFT and near the elevators, which is my preference, so that’s definitely nice.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes! Just 4 doors down and across the hall from each other.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 83 days

Bumping this tread up....I know there were a number of *GT rates available on October cruises. Anyone up for updating us on your assignments?

I got my assignment on Wednesday this week. It was 9 days before the cruise. I had 2 cabins and they are 5a deck 10 forward. They are connecting cabins. I'm on vacay right now, so will do the form when I get home.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 8 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11A / 7623
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Fine with it, but was hoping for a Deluxe with split bath
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 37 days

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy with Deck 2, slightly nervous as the stateroom is under the galley.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 31

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT and IGT on Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? VGT 58 days out and IGT 57 days out
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? VGT=Cat 6A IGT=Cat 11C
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not at all, rooms are 4 decks apart and as far away as possible, one AFT one forward. Not to mention very low categories. This was our third *GT gamble and first time it didn't get us a great room so I guess we were due and we can't complain becuase of our great price. We'll try for an upgrade or relocation at the port.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Not at all, four decks apart and one is as far forward as you can go and the other is aft.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 78

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT and IGT on Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? VGT 58 days out and IGT 57 days out
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? VGT=Cat 6A IGT=Cat 11C
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not at all, rooms are 4 decks apart and as far away as possible, one AFT one forward. Not to mention very low categories. This was our third *GT gamble and first time it didn't get us a great room so I guess we were due and we can't complain becuase of our great price. We'll try for an upgrade or relocation at the port.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Not at all, four decks apart and one is as far forward as you can go and the other is aft.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 78

I’m really surprised you got these *GT rooms at 57 days out. Very rare to get them assigned so far from Cruise date. I’m hoping for you that they still switch them to be closer. When do you sail? We sail Dec 1 and still haven’t been assigned cabins. I’m being told not to expect it for some time. Maybe even when we get to port. I hope you still enjoy your cruise!!

We sail Dec 1 and still haven’t been assigned cabins. I’m being told not to expect it for some time. Maybe even when we get to port.

We're cruising 12/01 too (on the Wonder) with an IGT. Who told you not to expect the assigned cabin for some time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter