Let’s talk pool slides!

This is a helpful discussion. If we stay at Kidani, is it worth even going to the Jambo pool, or just use the Kidani one? I like that Kidani has the water play area. Kids ages 6 and 8, but I like the water slides, too.
I dont think any of them would be worthy of us hopping to. I have never understood pool hopping. I want to be close to my room if I need anything,,Beverage anyone?

I dont think any of them would be worthy of us hopping to. I have never understood pool hopping. I want to be close to my room if I need anything,,Beverage anyone?
I've read that some owners used to spend a few hours at the GF pools as a break from MK during a hot afternoon. Others liked to hop just for a change of scenery. We're with you, we were happy with the pool at our resort.

Ranking the slides at DVC resorts I have stayed at: 1) Aulani - both slides are better than any of the slides I have been on in any other DVC resort. 2) VDH - you can really get a lot of speed on the shorter, Yellow Monorail slide. The Red slide is long but much slower. 3) Boardwalk - I missed the clown and he will be with my in my nightmares forever 4) OKW 5) Riviera - the steps going up to the slide were so rusted out
Have stayed at SSR, VGF, and VGC but never did the slides. Def going to start doing slides at more resorts!

We are BWV owners and I do like that slide - it is fast, twisty and open - there was an age where my kids like slides, but found the dark slides (Poly, SAB) scary. I also really like the Kidani slide. Jambo and CCR both have slides that are somewhat of a compromise between a slide for "little kids" and one that big kids can use - which ends up pleasing no one. SAB has a toddler slide in the "pirate ship pool" - and I think SSR has one as well. SABs slide entrance is a problem for a lot of people - its a long walk to the slide entrance, and you can't sit next to the pool and keep an eye on the kids.

My husband got turned around under water on the Aulani slide and a lifeguard had to jump in. He came off it fast, took a turn underwater, and couldn't figure out which way was up. Those are some serious slides - though there is a kids area.

I’ve been on every Disney hotel slide - it’s a thing I do. 😁

As a ride, the Boardwalk Inn slide is the best.

View attachment 842530
110% the best of
Boardwalk - I missed the clown and he will be with my in my nightmares forever
Lololol same! TBH, other than being in walking distance to Epcot, the clown slide was the main reason we bought there first

I would put Vero's slide high on the rankings.. The Kidani slide is OK but hurts my back going down so would be low on my rankings.

My husband got turned around under water on the Aulani slide and a lifeguard had to jump in. He came off it fast, took a turn underwater, and couldn't figure out which way was up. Those are some serious slides - though there is a kids area.
That’s frightening. I’m glad the hotels now have lifeguards and life vests for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter