Less than 3 months before our trip - How can I earn some $$?

2mickeys1minnie

<font color=red>we've turned into that same crazy
We are visiting the world the first week in August. I haven't been in several years. I'd love to know how everyone makes extra cash/gift cards to bring on vacation. I think the last time we went I was using sunshine rewards. I don't even know if that's a thing anymore lol. What are your favorites? What can I realistically earn in less than 3 months? I'm just looking to make some spending money for extras. Thanks so much :)

We are visiting the world the first week in August. I haven't been in several years. I'd love to know how everyone makes extra cash/gift cards to bring on vacation. I think the last time we went I was using sunshine rewards. I don't even know if that's a thing anymore lol. What are your favorites? What can I realistically earn in less than 3 months? I'm just looking to make some spending money for extras. Thanks so much :)
I spend the entire year using rewards programs in order to fund my travel. It's gotten harder and harder to make things work as time goes on. A lot of people on here use Swagbucks (there's a huge thread about it). I do Perk and EarnHoney plus Shopkicks, iBotta and some Swagbucks. I also do credit card rewards, focusing my spending on whatever card gets me the most for the category I'm shopping.

Two months is not a lot of time to earn much. I would focus on rewards programs that have low redemption thresholds and a reputation for paying quickly. And if you have good credit and are willing to meet minimum spends, you might want to look for a credit card or two that will give you a nice bonus after opening a new account.

Clean out your closets and purge. Sell whatever you can get rid of on facebook. Clothes and toys the kids have outgrown, home decor you never ended up using, etc. Not only can you make quick cash, but you have a tidier house too!

Can you become a Shipt shopper? I've done it a few times, and a lot of what you make depends on tips. But if you work at it you can make a few hundred a week.

Do Swagbucks. I started St Patrick’s Day and have already earned $137. I did do the offers though. I did the Dollar Shave when it was a $15 moneymaker, Hulu when it was $24 mm, made my 1st $25 purchase at JC Penney and got $17 back, and got $25 from 5 Best Buy bonuses. Hulu is down right now so wait until it gets back up to 3200.

Also do Shopkicks. If I had a car I could probably earn a $5 gift card a week. You get free kicks from walkins and scanning items. If you buy the stuff on their list you get more. I can probably earn $10 worth of gift cards from Shopkicks this week. Have your family sign up with you and earn together.

I probably didn’t do anything for 30 days and earned $137. I have so far $215 worth of gift cards out of my $280 goal. $50 was from coins and $35 from my grandmother. I turned the $50 worth of change into a BB gift card and bought a $50 Disney gift card. BB stop allowing it.

I was discouraged from earning in a short amount of time and now I have 77% of my goal in two short months when I barely did anything for a month. I don’t see why you can’t earn $150-$300. Set a goal of earning 111 Swagbucks a day(earn an extra 10 one day) without offers until your trip and that’s $100 plus bonuses if you meet your monthly goal.

I definitely agree with the poster above that said clean out and sell stuff. I had a yard sale over the weekend and made $220 toward our vacation.

Dog walking or dog sitting are very popular ways to earn some extra money. Our dog sitter charges forty dollars a night.

swag bucks I just started 2 months ago and spend an hour a day on it. Already earned $100

That’s only $1.66 an hour! Any job pays more than that.

I agree with a previous poster who suggested a yard sale. I’ve made anywhere from $200 to $500 in one day the past few years.

That’s only $1.66 an hour! Any job pays more than that.

I agree with a previous poster who suggested a yard sale. I’ve made anywhere from $200 to $500 in one day the past few years.

But you can do swagbucks at home in your pjs while watching tv or cooking dinner. No commute. I don’t know many jobs that allow you to do that. It isn’t huge money, but it’s pretty flexible. And easy.

I haven’t been spending much time doing Swagbucks since my DD was born in October. Just a few hours a month, but I have still managed to earn $325 in gift cards since January.

I've been doing swagbucks. Yes it won't give you a giant payout like a job but it's called a passive income for a reason. It also allows money to be deposited to your paypal account which you can then move to your bank account. On a good day I make $25 which I turn into either a discounted Target GC and buy a Disney GC with it or I move it to paypal. I started last week and have cashed in $75 already. Shopkicks seems easy so I may start that as well...although shopkicks isn't as flexible with what you can cash in for. I also am out of school for the summer so I can focus my efforts more.

Depending on where you are a yard sale can be awesome but we've never really had any luck with yard sales...

Someone on this forum also sells their plasma. I've never looked into it but I'll throw the idea out there.

I've been doing swagbucks. Yes it won't give you a giant payout like a job but it's called a passive income for a reason. It also allows money to be deposited to your paypal account which you can then move to your bank account. On a good day I make $25 which I turn into either a discounted Target GC and buy a Disney GC with it or I move it to paypal. I started last week and have cashed in $75 already. Shopkicks seems easy so I may start that as well...although shopkicks isn't as flexible with what you can cash in for. I also am out of school for the summer so I can focus my efforts more.

Depending on where you are a yard sale can be awesome but we've never really had any luck with yard sales...

Wow that's pretty fast for Swagbucks. I know it's easy to make money quickly when you first start, especially if you get the high value offers, but just be careful doing so much so fast. I don't have hard data on it, but it seems like if you make a lot of money in a short period of time you're at an increased risk for deactivation. I think they just assume you're up to no good, whether you are or aren't, and if you're lucky to be reactivated it can take time. Even someone who had an old account that had been inactive for a while started using the account again for the Best Buy deal and on their last post has trouble with them suspending the account.
When we first started SB's this time last year, it also had a bunch of offers and a Swago board and we just had good timing on a bunch of high value survey's. Hubby racked up about $100 in about 10 days when he was randomly deactivated for a bogus reason and we never got the account back.

I'm not looking to discourage anyone from Swagbucks, it's the same as many other rewards sites with terms of risk/reward :) But just a cautionary tale. And it's not always typical to make money that quickly. This is a good time of year it seems, but for months before it was sometimes like pulling teeth to make any money.

As far as Shopkicks, if you have the patience for it you can cash out directly to a Disney gift card. But they start at $25 GC so it's 6250 kicks for that. I also do Fetch Rewards for my grocery receipts. They have a lot of the same cashout options like amazon, target, Walmart, etc.

We're also not on a good street for yard sales. I take our stuff to local flea markets, we have one close by with only $15 table fee and while we're not getting rich we've been able to cover the fee each time and have a couple hundred set aside for vacation. (and got a bunch of stuff out of the house! which is all hubby cared about so we probably could have made more money if we didn't bargain basement price the stuff to move)
If you have furniture you want to sell that gets hard to transport so we use craigslist for big stuff. We might try LetGo if craigslist is getting old, unless someone else has a better app?

I agree with @miztressuz about SB. Some people do quite well with it but I have been struggling ever since they changed the nCraves and they crash on me left and right. Not worth using a spare laptop for them when I can devote that device to EarnHoney instead. I'm making more for the time spent on EH and it's all passive earning.

I agree with @miztressuz about SB. Some people do quite well with it but I have been struggling ever since they changed the nCraves and they crash on me left and right. Not worth using a spare laptop for them when I can devote that device to EarnHoney instead. I'm making more for the time spent on EH and it's all passive earning.

I hadn't heard of EarnHoney before but sounds interesting. I've got an extra laptop, it's older but should still run all the current versions of most browsers, so do you think that would work? Is EH mostly videos/ads watching? My quickie search kept saying shopping, survey's and games but I have to imagine they've got ads somewhere in there too.

I hadn't heard of EarnHoney before but sounds interesting. I've got an extra laptop, it's older but should still run all the current versions of most browsers, so do you think that would work? Is EH mostly videos/ads watching? My quickie search kept saying shopping, survey's and games but I have to imagine they've got ads somewhere in there too.
Yep. I run the videos on an older Windows laptop using Chrome. They run all day with very little interaction on my part. There are a couple of apps, one online game, and of course surveys (which I rarely do on any program) and shopping (but I use other portals for that). I'm not setting the world on fire with my earnings, but it's all passive so I don't care if it takes me 2 weeks to earn $25 cash.

Hi! I do plasma! It doesn't bother me and it is quick money. My center has a coupon for $50 for the first 3 donations. After that, it is $75 per week if you go twice. The initial visit includes a physical so it does take about 1 1/2 hours. After that it takes about 1 hour for $35-$50. You can only go 2 times per week. So around $300 per month. If you take that money and buy discounted Disney gift cards (like target or sams) it really becomes a good deal!

Well crap about SB. I've just been doing the banner thing that says watch these videos for 5SB. I just run those over and over, since I'm not in school right now I can do that for a good 3-4 hours and I've hit a cash out. I thought I might get deactivated after the weekend so I figured I'd slow but I'll probably stop doing those for the day and do the other things on my to do list.

My husband also donates plasma (I can't because I have an autoimmune disease). Sometimes they do specials with large bonuses, especially around Oct-Dec but you can't be a new donor for those. Still it's $50 the first few times you go as a new donor and if you go twice a week after you can get $25 the first donation and between $45-100 the second donation depending on if it's a bonus week. At the end of some months they have a big bonus which can get you an additional $50-100.

Focus groups. The ones I am a part of pay $75 - $200/session. And they are CONSTANT!! I get emails every.single.day for ones I qualify for.

Plasma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter