• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lei Greeting at Aulani?

nickcapp

Mouseketeer
Is there a Lei greeting at Aulani? I was thinking of purchasing a Lei greeting for the airport, but if there was one at the hotel I think it would be overkill.

Thanks in advance!

I hope so too. I've heard there is one as long as you arrive mid-day or early evening. I've read tho that if you have a later flight and arrive really late that they have not received one. Not sure if there is a "rule" about it or not. :confused3

Yes, women receive a flower lei, men receive a beaded lei, and kids get a Menehune necklace. There have been reports of people not getting them due to arriving late at night.

Thanks all! Looks like we should be good arriving in the afternoon. I guess I will forego the airport lei.

Yes we got one when we went there. It was lovely and they called us by name. Very special to me ;-)

Women will typically get a purple orchid lei and the men a kukui nut lei. Both very nice. Like you, I LOVE getting a lei greeting upon arriving in my beloved Hawaii!

Does anyone know what time they stop handing out leis in the evening? Our flight lands at 7pm on a Wednesday evening.

I think the lei greeting is a function of when the leis run out. If you don't arrive until 8:00 or later you may or may not get the fresh lei greeting. We didn't arrive until about 9:30 and the leis were gone. We also did not get the personalized welcome. Instead a bell person talked to us as he wheeled our luggage to the room. It was disappointing but that's the breaks with late arrival, I guess. Hopefully a 7:00 PM landing will get you there in time for the full featured welcome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter