Leaving in 6 days for 1st trip any last minute tips???

HarryPotterFan

Earning My Ears
I am leaving in 6 days
staying offsite
12y old girl
10y old boy
single parent mom
going to the parks for 4 days
:bounce: :Pinkbounc
:Pinkbounc :bounce:
CANT WAIT!!!!!

Make sure that you pack:
  • pain medication (both adult & child strength)
  • Band-aids and first-aid cream
  • suncreen
  • moleskins & scissors
  • Immodium
  • a decongestant if you are flying (Sudafed, or whatever you use)
  • chewing gum (they don't sell it in WDW)

Bring your guidebook if you bought one and DO NOT FORGET YOUR TICKETS!

Last but not least, have a great time!

Make a photocopy of your tickets ... that way, if you lose them you can get them replaced by Disney :p

Don't overplan - know what you want to see and do and eat but allow time for the magic and let it happen.:D

:sunny: I love to plan, but remember to leave flexibility. We just got back from Disney. We took 6 of our children with us ranging in age from 13 to 4. We had so much fun! It didn't go exactly as I'd planned, but that was the beauty of it. When we got to a ride that had a long wait, we decided to skip it and try to come back later. We made it back to everything except Peter Pan in the MK. At 6pm we knew we only had one hour left. I read the list to the kids of what there was to do, and asked them out of that, to choose 2 things. All of them wanted to do the haunted mansion, so we ran off to that first. Then the 3 older ones wanted to do Alien Encounters, so my dh took them to that and I took the younger set to the Indy Cars. That had not been on my original list of rides to hit, so I knew that I hadn't checked the height requirement. When we got to the front and the guy said my 8yo wasn't tall enough, my heart sank. It was the last ride of the night and I didn't want him to leave without riding one last thing! Luckily, being the accomodating people they are at Disney, the guy said, "Would you like a cast member to ride with him?" I could have kissed the guy! Problem solved! We all went home happy that night! But...I was so tired I forgot to plug in the video camera to recharge. It lost power about half way thru Epcot! :( So remember to charge the batteries at night...and remember to be flexible...and always ask the cast members if they have suggestions to solve your problems!

Firstly...good for you single mom. I've been a few times as a single mom and I just think it's the greatest gift you can give your kids.
Next...unless your kids (or you) are on the timid side, there is really nothing in WDW that should be too intimidating or frightening for you. It seems Disney has just the right touch for incredible entertainment without having to scare the pants off you. Tower of Terror, the rock n roll coaster, Alien Encounter and Space Mountain may be a little more exciting but they are not over the top and you really shouldn't miss them. Some of the rides at Universal are on a different level and might be too much but Disney isn't like that.
I'm taking my brand new husband and his daughter on their first trip along with my 9 year old daughter and me in 9 days. I can't wait.
I hope you all have the time of your lives.

Originally posted by grayhawk

Next...unless your kids (or you) are on the timid side, there is really nothing in WDW that should be too intimidating or frightening for you. It seems Disney has just the right touch for incredible entertainment without having to scare the pants off you. Tower of Terror, the rock n roll coaster, Alien Encounter and Space Mountain may be a little more exciting but they are not over the top and you really shouldn't miss them.

Check out DisneyWorld with Kids 2003 (or earlier editions) by Kim Write Wiley (or Wiley Wright) about the fright ratings. I have a 10 yo who does not do things that jerk you around alot or that have frightening content. My dh did Dinosaur (used to be Countdown to Extinction) to see if it would be ok for our girls (he loves scarey "boo" stuff) and he said that even he was screaming by the end. The book was right on target for most everything. I don't do things that give me a sense of deep falling (like TOT or Splash) and I'm a grown up. I *know* that I'm safe, but that doesn't stop me from hyperventilating anyway! LOL!!

:earsgirl:

I can understand passing on TOT but when you miss Splash Mountain I believe you're missing out on one of the true "gems" of Disney entertainment. It is full of music, and fun and mischieviousness with a great and not too frightening splash at the end. I hope you try Splash Mountain on your upcoming trip...it's one of my favourites.

I abso-tive-elly agree that the zippidy-do-dah fun far outweighs the 'scare factor' on Splash Mountain. My guys have been riding that since they were, well, not very big. But do take time to watch your kids reactions to seemingly non-scary things. For instance, the Muppet show does not bother my boys, but they are absolutely paranoid about the 3-D in the Tree of Life. Its going to be great fun for all, but be aware of some things that cause anxiousness in some of the little-er Mouseketeers...

hakuna matata...

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter