Late charge from Avis RPR

Not sure about rental time frame. When making the arrangements we picked up from Sanford at 3:30 and were set to return at RPR at 6 PM. The price was for that time frame. It would have been less if we returned by 3 PM. We paid the extra because we didn't want to be rushed...then the rain happened and we were rushed anyway.

I emailed Avis before emailing the hotel. As I said when we got there the Avis desk was still open and normally I would've double checked with them but the valet assured me it was taken care of, I knew the time was noted on the paper, so I trusted it would be handled. Lesson learned. Hopefully, as the valet indicated today the refund will be processed.

Tell avis you want to see copy of the final bill since you don’t have receipt.

Sounds like you paid for hourly rental that defaulted to daily rate vs ‘late fee’ type of thing.

It will be indicated on your receipt. Once the charge hits your CC statement, easy enough to dispute the charge; if only on principle if it’s not adjusted to your satisfaction

Update: still waiting for the refund to show up, was told 10 to 14 days, it has been longer than that so I contacted both the Avis desk at the hotel and the contact I have for the valet again and waiting for a response...:hourglass

Oh no!

I’m the type of person that would contact them daily until I was satisfied with the results

I wish you the best outcome in getting the issue taken care of
( in your favor)

Thanks for updating the readers

Hi, I emailed Avis after getting our receipt but wondering if anyone else can help me out.

We rented through Costco for Avis from sanford airport. Drop off at RPR by 6 PM.

Arrived at RPR at 5:50 - not intentional but hit traffic and torrential rain. Valet took car, I signed it in indicating the 5:50 arrival. Hubby and kids unloaded and I went into check in. Valet assured me we were good before I went in.

Recieved receipt with 15 late charge.Two problems, I wasn't late and in the fine print of Costco agreement we have a 29 minute grace period. We were in our room with our bags long before 6:29.

Do I contact RPR resort's Avis counter? Avis directly? Or Costco? I realize big scheme of vacation this is not a big deal but 15 dollars is 15 dollars and I was not late.

I always rent a car through Costco. This has happened to me MULTIPLE times. Call the Avis 800 number. I have had any where from $25-$100 in a separate charge on my CC. Now when I rent a car I ALWAYS check my cc. I have called Costco to tell them about these weird charges. I don't know why they this happens but just know you are not alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter