Lands' End -- thoughts?

Ranger111

DIS Veteran
So, way back when Lands' End was Lands' End and before Sears bought it, I purchased many items and was mostly very satisfied with quality, etc.

Once Sears came onboard, I made a purchase or two and while things were "O.K." they sure were not the quality that I had come to expect.

Fast forward a decade or more....I received....out of the blue... a 50 percent off Lands' End offer. Wife wanted a new robe. Her Lands' End robe that was about 25 years old was wearing out.

Well, LE had a robe that seemed to be the clone. Same price too and with the discount -- why not.

Plus, Sears had sold off LE and I had read that they had tried to get back to their old ways. Robe came last week. Thin, short, not at all the quality I expected. I sent it back today.

What is the opinion on the the new Lands' End. Hey, the old robe -- as well as all the products before Sears, were mostly great.

All my work button up shirts the last 25 years have come from Lands End I they are still the same heavy shirts they always have been.

I haven’t noticed a decrease in quality. Side note...I just read that lands end now is the official gear provider for the weather channel. It was LL bean for the past several years.

Still like LE. One issue I have with both them and LL Bean, is the zippers they sometimes use on outerwear. They're the narrow, plastic type zippers. I prefer the wide toothed ones. They seem to hold up much longer and not get fabric stuck in them.

I don't think the new robes are quite as good as the old ones, but I still think they are some of the best out there. My old and new one are both from there and if someone were looking for a robe, I would still recommend theirs. I feel in general there quality is still high and always has been. I am not aware of any general decline.

I still get stuff from LE- and have for decades. Quality never went down, and is still very good across the board with everything my wife and I buy there.

I buy the lady swimsuits and the sport knit pants...swimsuits are as good...pants are a touch worse, but still my big favorite...stopped buying the men's jeans for spouse b/c they did seem to ruin faster...

On a side note: I don't want to wear the same robe for 25 yrs. But that's me.

lol -- I'm the opposite. I would still be wearing the same robe from 25 years ago if it was is pristine shape, but even high quality things from Lands End wear out if you wear the items and wash the items a lot over many years. The only reason that I bought a new robe is that the elbows of the old one were wearing out with thin material (loved that robe so much). Really like my new one too, but not as much as the old one.

Lands End is a good place for me to buy clothing because I tend to wear things a lot till they start wear out and their stuff is good quality and holds up pretty well for quite a long time.

I like LE, it's always my go-to if I need something winter worthy...similiar quality to LL Bean but much cheaper esp. with discount coupons. I bought a down coat last year that I just love from LE.

I buy all my swimsuits from LE. I haven’t found any other brand that can compete with their quality of swimsuits.

I like to purchase their items on sale/ clearance partly due to quality but mainly for the fact they have women's tall outerwear, which is almost always mail order anyway. Also their tshirts come in women's tall. For me its a fit issue. I ordered some tall jeans on sale for 29.00, they were so long (36 in inseam) I had to hem them myself but its better than wearing too short jeans from target.

DS school uses them as a school uniform supplier and the boys iron knee pants are worth it when you get the 30% off, I try not to buy without a sale though. I can't tell you how many pairs of walmart kackis we replaced, so the price is roughly the same- slightly lower to keep the same pair all year or replace half way through the year.

We recently found my husband a pair of Land's End khakis at Goodwill. I'd always heard they were a quality brand, so I snatched them up! So far we've both been very impressed with their quality. Maybe you just got a fluke item OP, I'm sorry you had that experience : /

Half my closet is Lands End and some date back to my pregnancy and before (my son is 24). But mostly everything I have purchased in the last three years or so was sent back. Haven't gotten anything in at least a year.

I find Lands End pretty hit or miss. The sizing and cut of their woman's clothing varies wildly. Even with that, I feel they use quality materials and they have very good sales. I usually end up sending half of what I purchase back because of sizing and cut issues, but the pieces I keep are really top quality.

Have always had great luck! Just received a few items, some sent back because of fit, but that happens anytime I order and cannot try on!

I have had the worst experience with Lands End over the past few days!! Got a long down coat 5 years ago & the liner ripped. Called Customer Service, am told I can go to Sears. Go there, NOPE, can't look up my account b/c over a year old. Call back next day & set up exchange. Today GC arrives $89 less than cost of coat. Call back, I'm told I bought coat with "Discount' & can't exchange b/c they don't make coat anymore. EXACT name is on website but different number. Can't access my account b/c email is different & can't change without original password. I'm told on website coat is 40% off & at Sears as well. Go there 40%, try it on, love it, go to register. Card won't scan. Fine print...Online only!! Go home set up new account, (in case it rips, whatever) order coat, spend $13 out of pocket & vow to never make make another Lands End purchase again!! LL Bean Customer Service is wayyy better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter