Labor Day Crowds - I'm a Low Crowd Visitor/FL Resident

twocat

80 miles door-to-door to Disney.
I need help picking some dates.

I have an opportunity to stay at WDW for a good rate around Labor Day but I'm concerned about crowds. I usually travel during fairly low crowd times. October, November, December, May. I know low crowd months don't really exist anymore :-)

What are crowds like around Labor Day weekend? From 8/30-9/3? Or around those dates.

I've checked several crowd calendars and the numbers are really low but that doesn't seem right for a holiday weekend!

Labor Day is 9/3. What would the crowds be like surrounding that weekend.

To be honest, crowds don't bother me but I'll be traveling with my elderly Dad who will be much more happy in a scooter.

I'm a FL resident so I know how blasted hot it's going to be so I'm trying to plan this using EMH and lots of resort time.

We'll be staying at the Yacht Club.

Labor Day crowds are surprisingly light. I think its because all the families with school children have returned home for the start of school.

Labor Day crowds are surprisingly light. I think its because all the families with school children have returned home for the start of school.
Thank you! That was my thought but I guess I'm looking for confirmation.

Anyone else have thoughts?

We go every year end of August and first few days of Sep. Last year it was far more crowded than I've ever seen it - and we left the Saturday before Labor Day (2 days before Labor Day). I think the increased crowds were due to August MNSSHP dates, plus Food & Wine started Thu before Labor Day, plus black out dates lifted on certain FL APs late August.
I suspect it will be much like Jan 2018: no longer a low crowd time.

OP Here
I know the MNSSHP starts in at the end of August, which just seems crazy. But F & W doesn't seem to start until the middle of September. Is this correct?

OP Here
I know the MNSSHP starts in at the end of August, which just seems crazy. But F & W doesn't seem to start until the middle of September. Is this correct?
No. This years dates haven’t even been announced yet. But last year it started the end of August

We have gone a few times Labor Day week including this past Labor Day.

The actual LD weekend days are usually busy but manageable compared to other holiday weekends. After Monday, it gets much slower. This year was especially low since Irma hit just following Labor Day and so many people cancelled trips or left early. Sadly, we had to leave a few days into our weeklong trip since we did not want to waste our DVC points to wait out the storm. Chose to save them for a May trip instead.

ETA: just noticed it looks like you want to END your trip on Labor Day. Sorry, my input isn’t very helpful for the weekdays before LD weekend. We usually have started our trips sometime during LD weekend when we’ve gone at this time.

I need help picking some dates.

I have an opportunity to stay at WDW for a good rate around Labor Day but I'm concerned about crowds. I usually travel during fairly low crowd times. October, November, December, May. I know low crowd months don't really exist anymore :-)

What are crowds like around Labor Day weekend? From 8/30-9/3? Or around those dates.

I've checked several crowd calendars and the numbers are really low but that doesn't seem right for a holiday weekend!

Labor Day is 9/3. What would the crowds be like surrounding that weekend.

To be honest, crowds don't bother me but I'll be traveling with my elderly Dad who will be much more happy in a scooter.

I'm a FL resident so I know how blasted hot it's going to be so I'm trying to plan this using EMH and lots of resort time.

We'll be staying at the Yacht Club.

LD weekend really isn't too bad, but if you could wait until basically anytime after actual LD youll see a significant drop in crowds at least for a couple weeks.

We went Friday to Tuesday this past year and thought crowds were pretty light relative to our normal travel times (October to December). Our issue was the heat....it was really HOT!!!! We stayed at BCV and left the parks by 2pm everyday to go back and get some pool time.

Of all the 3 day weekends Labor Day is the least crowded.

the week after labor day is one of the slowest times of the year. All schools are back in session. It is, however, getting busier each year. F & W and Halloween parties start in Aug, so it is much busier than it used to be. But Labor Day weekend and the week following are very slow.

OP here.
Reservation has been made for Thursday 8/30 to Sunday 9/2!
Here's hoping Food and Wine starts in August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter