Kona Cafe seems expensive for dinner- can I order from the lunch menu??

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
I wanted to try Kona Cafe this next trip, but after looking at the menu
on www.allears.net I don't think I want to spend all that money per entree
$15 - $25 ---

- can I order from the lunch menu?? Did u eat here? Was it very expensive??

Do they have a special, like $15.00- $20.00 pp??

THANKS!:wave: :wave: :wave: ::MinnieMo princess:

I do'nt think you can order from the lunch menu at dinner.

I've eaten there many times, it's an incredibly good casual meal. Planning on eating there when I go back in September.

The prices are actually moderate for the level of service and quality of food.

They have dinner specials sometimes, but they aren't neccessarily "priced lower" specials, more just creative dishes that aren't on the regular menu.

Perhaps you could eat a late lunch instead of dinner to save a few dollars?

Anne

Weve eaten there quite a few times and I have found the food well worth the money. I agree with Anne, in that the prices arent bad at all for the food and service you get.

You could always go for an earlier dinner (late afternoon) while the lunch menu is still available...??

We had dinner at the Kona for the first time last year and absolutely loved the place. The food and service were both fantastic. We will be eating there again next month.
No Disney restaurant will let you order from the lunch menu if it is dinner time. Suggest you make PS for late lunches since they are cheaper and the menus in some of the restaurants are pretty similar, probably just smaller portions for lunch.

The other posters are correct about the lunch vs dinner menu; at dinner you can only order from the dinner menu. I honestly do not believe that the cost of a meal at Kona is any more than the cost of any other sit down meal at WDW. Are you going solo, or with other people? If you aren't going solo, one option to still enjoy dinner yet save a bit of money, is to share. Perhaps share an appetizer and an entree. The sticky wing appetizer is very large and definitely can be shared. When my family ate here in January we shared the sticky wings and each ordered an entree. None of us was able to finish our entrees; the portions are very generous at Kona.

we are of the "eat lunch for the big meal club" since you can usually get something similar to dinner at a lot lower cost. however, if i recall, Kona is mostly sandwiches at lunch and imo their breakfast is soso for a lot of$$ so you might have to bite the bullet on this one or pick another place. most sit down dinners at WDW are pricey to say the least, just accept that, stuff the wallet as full as you can and move on:)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter