Kids Won't Eat O'Hana Food

MollyBelle

OMG! Now I have to go back AGAIN!!!
I don't want to spend an extra $20 when my kids won't eat the O'Hana food...

Has anyone ever brought their children (who have already eaten) and let them do the activities (coconut stick races & hula hoop) while you eat?

Please don't flame me ... I do not mean I would be a parent to let me kids run wild, either. I would try to be near the activities and singer, and I wouldn't let them run amock.

Looking for any advice/comments. :wave:

thanks~

I wonder if Ohana would even let you do that? Since the food is served family style there would be no way for the restaurant to keep track of who's actually eating and who isn't. (Not saying your kids would be eating the stuff, but in the restaurant's eyes they might be!)

I think kids can order off the Kona Cafe kids menu??!!??!!

Grandson does not eat anything Ohana's offers. The waitress said they would let him have a choice of serveral kid items. He chose Macaroni and cheese. Get this, the bowl of mac & cheese was $9.99. Entertainment really costs.

We too have been able to order kids meals at Ohana. Just ask you server. And we had 3 kids in our party and they werent charged the full "all you can eat" price for their kids meals. I think it depends on your server.

They will offer you some selections for kids. They are around $9.99. My 9 year old got macaroni and cheese or chicken fingers last time, I don't remember which. They kept bringing him refills for it though. I'm not sure if they will let the kids participate in the activities without ordering but you can ask your server. There are really only a couple of activities and they only take a minute. The rest of the time the kids would be sitting there watching you eat.

My kids didn't care for the food either, and we asked our server if they could order from the kids menu at Kona Cafe (she never brought us menus, but just asked what the kids wanted.) My kids both had burgers. And, they participated in all the activities. In fact, it was our waitress who encouraged them to get up and join in!

My dd always orders grilled cheese & fries here. I think it was even less than $9.99. Like the other posters mentioned, Kona Cafe food is available here, so there are a variety of kid's items for $9.99 and under like chicken fingers, mac n cheese, etc.

If they eat prior and you and your dh want to eat there, sure they can particpate in the races and activities but why not have them eat there? They can participate in the fun while they wait for their food depending on your timing. This is a fun place and the "adult" food is great!!

They do have the standard kids fare and yes its 9.99. I use to able to swallow that price better when the kids got a sovineer glass with the meal but that is no longer. Boma is also the same price for kids. My DDs got the Mac and cheese and ate some of the family styled offerings. No it not a good value for the kids but your on vacation,lol!! I waste more money on pins that end up getting losT!!

We've been to Ohana's 3 times and always get a kids meal for DD. They give a whole range of choices and DD always gets the hot dog and fries. We only pay $5.99 for this meal, never $9.99! We were just there two weeks ago so I pulled out my receipt and we were only charged $5.99. I can't believe they are charging some of oyu $9.99. I would have said something to them about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter