Kid-Only Fish Extender?

ofcabbagesandkings

DIS Veteran
This is our first cruise, and the person organizing our FE groups has listed an option to do a Kid-Only group if there are enough cabins interested. This appeals to me because we are a carry-on only family and won't have room in our bags to bring or take back FE gifts if adults are included, plus I don't really want anything for myself, but I thought it would be something the kids would enjoy especially since we have 3 sea days. Has anyone ever done a group that only gifted the kids in the cabins? How did it go?

This is our first cruise, and the person organizing our FE groups has listed an option to do a Kid-Only group if there are enough cabins interested. This appeals to me because we are a carry-on only family and won't have room in our bags to bring or take back FE gifts if adults are included, plus I don't really want anything for myself, but I thought it would be something the kids would enjoy especially since we have 3 sea days. Has anyone ever done a group that only gifted the kids in the cabins? How did it go?

We were in a regular group on our first cruise but we made a note in the room chart requesting gifts only for our kids, and a couple of other parents followed suit and made the same request (we still bought gifts for the adults in the other cabins; we just did not want to lug a bunch of stuff back for my husband and me). I would have loved a kid-only group if was offered for our cruise. For us, it is all about the kids having fun dropping off gifts and running to our FE to see what is inside; I don't need anything for myself. I say go for it.

I've created a few Kids Only FE's for my cruise groups and they are very popular. I say do it. Your kids will love opening up the gifts when they get back to their Stateroom or even at home.

Depends on what the group decides. Post your opinion and I am sure many will agree and a kids only will be created if not already. Most cruises has a family, FE, Cabin FE, Adult only FE, kids FE, ornament FE, recipe FE depends what the cruise groups wants and how big the group is.

Thanks for the feedback! My FOMO for my kids is bumping up against my laziness and desire to do absolutely nothing that requires effort on vacation, we'll see which side wins out I guess :)

Some people also just do their own thing - bring little trinkets for their kids and put them in the extender.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!