Kali River Rapids . . .How Wet?

We waited for ever to ride this! All the fast passes were gone!

It was the most boring thing we did all week! Even Small World was better!

Wer sat there waiting for something excting to happen and it never did. The drop was small and more of a ramp. We never got wet al all. Only one person in our raft got slightly wet.

I have ridden other raft rides at 6 Flags and at least they were fun and exciting! I was expecting Disney to do something great with this but it was LAME!

I will never bother to ride it again!:mad:

Originally posted by Soupermom
If you keep your feet up on the "bars" do they stay mostly dry???

Maybe. But probably not. My daughter, granddaughter and I have long hair, so we had on shower caps (the cheap clear plastic ones) I put our cameras into ziplock bags and then put them into my camera bag which I put around my neck and under the poncho. We put on shower shoes and left our sneakers in the stroller.

We had a ball. We would have been soaked. The water POURED over us. We went on 3 times in a row. (December, no lines, they just let us stay on the raft....)

When we got off, some of the people who were watching from the bridge thanked us for giving them good ideas on how to ride the rapids and not walk around in wet clothes....

We loved this ride...

Also be careful of clothes turning transparent when wet!! My sister had on beige shorts which turned clear and left no one in any doubt of what underwear she was wearing. LOL:earseek:

everytime we go on this ride!!! We can be the only ones that get wet sometimes! Must be our curse from Kali! We do love the ride and always plan it as our last think thing in the AK.

It's totally random who is going to get drenched. Last trip it always seemed to be my DH. We started wearing our ponchos, or at least covering our lap with them. Since we only had one pair of shoes each (sneakers), we took off our socks and kept them in our fanny packs, so at least they were dry. During our trip, it rained every afternoon, so it seemed like we never dried out, which was fine due to the heat.

One thing about the compartment in the middle, it never seems big enough for all the riders' stuff. Wrapping your camera in a waterproof bag is a good idea. So is wearing sandals, if even just for this ride.

I was very wet when I got off of that ride! The rest of the people I rode with were not quite as wet as me, but I looked like a drowned rat!! It was so much fun, I rode it 2 times.
LL Bean sells bags to put electrontic stufff in so it does not get wet. It's actually ment for Canoes or Kayaks, but I think it would do well for something like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter