Just returned...have to ask about Fast and Furious

whoops...duplicate post. I can't even remember when I've already commented on a thread the first time:crazy2:!

We thought it was a waste of time. THe garage area was interesting, the live actors good...but the ride itself? We were confused when it was over. It seemed like it was 30 seconds long and nothing much happened. I guess we didn't understand the party scenes having not watched the movies.

This is how we felt. It was a bit short. I have seen the movies so I loved seeing the actors incorporated into the ride.

We just got back, too. Disappointed. I like the over-the-top cheesiness of F&F. The ride was so meh. This film franchise is about fast cars, so I was thinking perhaps something akin to Spiderman or transformers "sports car" racing thing. Party Kong bus? Didn't really have a F&F vibe. Also, if they tell you one more time that Shaw can track your phone....ugh. The best part was the incorporated actors/film component (not the party girls part, though).

Reactions: shh
Rode it Thursday for 1st time. Wow. Honestly, this is an embarrassment for Universal. It makes Fallon look like a masterpiece.

It was horribly acted. Had terrible video effects. The whole "family" thing was so cheesy and annoying. The 60 second chase scene at the end was impossible to follow and incoherent. I really enjoy the F&F movies, but this attraction would be disappointing for a Six Flags.

This is such a shame. The ride held such potential.

I mean, just the name evokes excitement.

Rode it Thursday for 1st time. Wow. Honestly, this is an embarrassment for Universal. It makes Fallon look like a masterpiece.

It was horribly acted. Had terrible video effects. The whole "family" thing was so cheesy and annoying. The 60 second chase scene at the end was impossible to follow and incoherent. I really enjoy the F&F movies, but this attraction would be disappointing for a Six Flags.

That pretty much sums it up - at least the Fallon ride was a bit more fun - what a total waste of space

I agree that the line theming was better than the ride. I’d skip it next time.
We did like Fallon tho. I thought the waiting area pre ride was fun. Not a e ticket kind of ride but fun.
F&f bleh.

You know, I'm going to admit that neither F&F nor Fallon (two IPs I'm not into) was as bad as I expected from what I had heard. They weren't great, but I didn't mind riding each of them once.

F&F DID end really abruptly, though, at least when we rode it. I'm not 100% sure we didn't miss something because there was definitely some kind of glitch going on at the end of the ride, where after they were like "It's time to party!" we were just sitting in a dark garage for two or three minutes.

It was a one and done for us.

I thought it was ok. I wish it was not a motion simulator type ride. These seem to be very popular at theme parks recently.

This was the longest line we waited in on our trip in June, and we hated the ride!

The ride is an exact replica of the F&F attraction during the Universal Hollywood tram ride. They didn't even try to do anything unique with the space they had, instead they just copy and pasted from Hollywood. At UH it is at least tolerable because the tram ride is 30-40 minutes long with multiple attractions and sightseeing.
I don't really understand how something like Fast and Furious, built around racing cars, doesn't have a coaster (Hulk Coaster) or fast car element (Test Track, Cars). Especially with how over the top the franchise has gotten, I would've loved a ride similar to the Cars ride at CA Adventure. Or a coaster that just blasts you off like Hulk.
We were at Universal in September and it just feels like the same ride re-skinned/themed after a while.
  • Amazing Spider-man = Transformers the Ride (I'm about 99% certain the layout is the same).
  • Kong Island = Fast and Furious
  • Minions = Jimmy Fallon = Simpsons
While Disney World has attractions that are similar, I never feel like I'm doing the same ride when I go from ride to ride. The best rides that Universal Orlando offers imo are Hulk, Spiderman, Dudley Log Ride, and Escape from Gringots. I choose Spiderman over Transformers because it's over a decade older and the story in Transformers is ruined by the All Spark being shoved into Megatron's chest like in the movie. If you could do that the whole time... why didn't you just do it at the start! I have completed derailed my own thread now... cheers =)

I’m here on property now

Did fast and furious finally

It is a one and done for me
I will never get that 45 minutes back

Was in the express line and the line barely moved

I always do a ride twice before I cross it off my list of never to that again

Making an exception this time

There will be no second time

Agreed, Transformers was much better and we even like the Simpson ride more.

We rode this for the first time today and we thought... it wasn't nearly as bad as others have described. We enjoyed it, but felt it was a 'ride once or twice per trip' thing.

The biggest downside was the long wait. We used EP and it took forever. I think they were having technical difficulties because there were long stretches where we didn't move at all.

We know absolutely nothing about the films - maybe that was for the better??

Sure the story is lame and the CG is odd at times. The acting isn't great, but I didn't expect great acting from any of the actors that we saw. The party bus was strange idea and the party itself... they said we arrived at the party??

But we felt the ride was kind of fun - I liked it a lot better than Fallon - not that that is a very high bar, though. ;)

ETA - we did this again this morning. EP walked right into the first pre-show. We enjoyed it even more than we did yesterday and our whole bus seemed to be having a good time.

It kind of shoots itself in the foot at the end. There's no party and after the last scene, you wait about 3 - 5 minutes to unload. Any good feelings you got during the ride get overshadowed by stating at nothing waiting to unload.

It's not the ride I would have chosen for that spot, it takes up way too much room, and it wasn't as well done as it could have been, but we still enjoyed it.

Last edited:
The ride is an exact replica of the F&F attraction during the Universal Hollywood tram ride. They didn't even try to do anything unique with the space they had, instead they just copy and pasted from Hollywood. At UH it is at least tolerable because the tram ride is 30-40 minutes long with multiple attractions and sightseeing.
I don't really understand how something like Fast and Furious, built around racing cars, doesn't have a coaster (Hulk Coaster) or fast car element (Test Track, Cars). Especially with how over the top the franchise has gotten, I would've loved a ride similar to the Cars ride at CA Adventure. Or a coaster that just blasts you off like Hulk.
We were at Universal in September and it just feels like the same ride re-skinned/themed after a while.
  • Amazing Spider-man = Transformers the Ride (I'm about 99% certain the layout is the same).
  • Kong Island = Fast and Furious
  • Minions = Jimmy Fallon = Simpsons
While Disney World has attractions that are similar, I never feel like I'm doing the same ride when I go from ride to ride. The best rides that Universal Orlando offers imo are Hulk, Spiderman, Dudley Log Ride, and Escape from Gringots. I choose Spiderman over Transformers because it's over a decade older and the story in Transformers is ruined by the All Spark being shoved into Megatron's chest like in the movie. If you could do that the whole time... why didn't you just do it at the start! I have completed derailed my own thread now... cheers =)

I hear you on this, and since VR/simulator/3d tech hit, its obviously become Universal's "thing"- particularly these newers ones combining moving elements and looking at screens for various "effect". And a lot of these attractions are cool, but it also made me have a different appreciation for something like Jurassic Park: River Adventure- just a real, old school, real moving ride with effects/animatronics. Even if it isn't as "bombastic" as some of the newer stuff, its just feels more authentic all the same.

I hope Universal isn't going to move away from the studios aspect like Hollywood Studios is doing. I always thought it pulled off the real working film studios thing better. Disaster is much missed, along with Twister even though that attraction always terrified the life out of me.

My husband was disappointed, my daughter was bored. I was to busy watching to hot bald guys to care. If we go back to Universal, I will ride it again, even without them.

The one thing that I didn't like was, just like they often do over at Kong, they were packing the rows FULL. I was the last one to board in the row on both of our rides and barely had room to squeeze in while the door closed - even after everyone in the row shifted down 3 times. I have a feeling the people on the far side of the row still had more breathing room than I did.

If there is even room, there's no way for the TM to get to the far side of the vehicle to tell those people to move in a little more.

I rode it for the first time recently, and although it wasn't as bad as I expected (from reviews here and elsewhere), it's definitely not top tier. It is definitely too similar to Kong, but Kong does it better (and Kong isn't the best either).

This is a minority opinion, but I actually like Fallon better than Simpsons. I really like the Simpsons, but it's showing it's age. Plus I've been a Fallon fan since his days on SNL.

Now, to go even further off topic, at least the new Potter ride next year should break the "screen ride" streak and is shaping up to be something special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!