Just made ressies and I have a few ?

afinnerty

Earning My Ears
YEAH! I just made reservations for 11/23 -11/29!!!! We'll be tent camping and I've got a few questions:

1. If I didn't make a loop request yet is it too late or can I call back or wait until closer to time?

2. Anyone tent camped at this time before - how cold/hot was it?

3. If we take a television with antennae can we get a network station? I'm a news junkie and cannot live without the morning news!

I'm also up for any suggestions from you veterans - this is my first time camping at Disney (actually it's my first time staying on property at Disney) and my husband and I haven't been to WDW since we were little (back when it was just the Magic Kingdom and Epcot was brand new!!)

Thanks in advance
Amy excited in PA

Call back and request the loop anytime . I think for tents I would request 1500 loop . You will get your major networks on your TV. Have a Great time

We'll be in FW right after your trip! Yeah for us!:bounce: I have heard that right before you leave (about a week before), you should call again just to "remind" them of your loop selection. I have requested a loop near the marina and that's what I plan to do. My DH and DS want to fish in the canal if they have a chance our 1st day in FW (I "built in" a day to relax on this trip!)

I have never been there in Dec but my sister's friends go every Dec and they say the weather is great - you can wear shorts and even swim!:D We usually go in Feb and it's rare that I wear shorts!:(

Have a great trip! There is no nicer campground than FW. Be sure to take the time to check out everything that FW has to offer - like the petting zoo, Settlement Depot, the marina, the beach. It's nice to head down to the beach at night to watch the fireworks and the electrical boat show. The kids like watching for the wildlife that runs around. They bought a lizard back to the trailer in 2000 and were heartbroken when I made them put it back :earseek:

Colleen

We will be there the same week:Pinkbounc and it will also be our
first time. We have a popup and asked for a nonpreferred site.
I not actually sure what that means or where the best loops are.

I guess I have a lot of questions also. Will you be cooking a Turkey or should I say barbeque Turkey or are you going to a resturant? Does anyone have a special rest that serves Turkey?

Thanks

Kathy

We were there that week in 1999.We tent camped and the weather was nice.It did rain a couple of days though.I do think that I did wear pants some days but my dh wore shorts.It really depends on your on body temp I guess.

I believe all of the restaurants serve a Thanksgiving meal.I heard that most all were very good.I think most of them you really do not get a choice of items but at Trails end you have more choices. We actually took a small turkey breast and ate our own simple Thanksgiving meal at Lunch time.It rained that day so we never went to the parks that day.Later that night we got a pizza from Crocketts Tavern.

There will be LOTS of people there.It was very crowded that week but the good thing is that all the Christmas Decorations are up!!!!! Have a great time.

It will be cool at nights, and warming in the mid mornings. It also can be rainy in November, however they have had a drought the last couple of years, and that all seems to be ending now.

TV should not be a problem.

Can't help you with the loop request though.

Winter months in WDW can be very unpredictable. We go every xmas. We have has days in the 80s and in 1989 had a low of 28 degrees on xmas eve. We even had a dusting of snow on xmas morning. So be prepared for any kind of weather. Just remember no matter how bad the weather is you are in WDW and that beats working any time !

Request 1500 or 2200 for loops with lots of tents and pop-ups. 1500 is close to the Meadows Trading Post. I always request it, have yet to get it. 2200 works ok though!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter