Just in case reservations?

4under4

I believe
We are going to WDW in June (first visit). We have the DDP and on our last night have reservations for the Aloha Dinner Show [2 dinner credits]. I know this show is cancelled in case of inclement weather, so should I make "just in case" reservations for another dinner? I don't want to settle for a Quickserve meal if it's cancelled and then have to try to use up TWO dinner credits on our checkout day.

Also, all of our character meals are buffet. Should I worry about missing the characters' visits as I take kids to/from the buffet? Should I plan on at least one sit down character meal?

Thanks!

In my opinion, you should make back up reservations. It's always good, for like you said if the show gets canceled, or even if you decide you don't want to waste two credits. I have yet to do that show, but hear it's great. Make sure you have a reservation for Ohana @ the Polynesian! Awesome place, and they do a little parade with the kids and everything!

We have been to the Crystal Palace character buffet, and I would 100% not worry about missing the characters. Disney is actually really good at getting them around the restaurant. They are separated, so one comes around at least every 10 minutes. Plus they tell you their rotation, so if you see they are getting close, you just stay put in your seats that way you don't miss them! I was impressed when we went there, got a pic with every Pooh crew member! Plus you gotta figure your kids are going to want to wait for the characters so it should be pretty easy to keep them waiting a min or two.

I hope you have a great time on your first trip!! I don't care how old you are, magic always happens there! :thumbsup2

Agreed on the character buffets - they do a fabulous job of telling you who's coming next, and with Crystal Palace it's also really easy to see everything going on so you can tell if a character is getting close to your table. You do have to be aware of the characters coming through so you can time your run to the buffet, but I wouldn't worry about outright missing anyone.

The other thing we've had happen at Crystal Palace, depending on the timing, is a bonus visit with one or two characters as they come through a second time.

Somewhat related, at Akershus character dining which partially buffet, partially sit-down, Cinderella skipped our table for some reason, and we simply asked a cast member if she could loop back -- and she did.

I would...our ressies for the Luau got cancelled for incliment weather last year and we almost lost our 2 dining credits. Ended up having to eat breakfast the last morning at Disney just to be able to use all of our credits.

I actually have a "just in case" situation also. I'm not really planning on doing the Wine and Dine Half Marathon in October, but if I keep thinking about it day after day, I might convince myself. My ADR 180 date is coming up like next week for this hypothetical trip, and I'd love to eat at Le Cellier the night before the run. So I may just make the ADR, in case. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter