Just got back...I was impressed!

Scottish-Helen

DIS Veteran
I went to Disneyland Paris about 10 years ago on a cold wet February weekend with my Mum. I thought it was ok but nowhere near as good as WDW.

We went back this weekend as DJ Tiesto was playing a concert at the Walt Disney Studios on Saturday night and then visited Disneyland Park yesterday.

The sun was shining (which always helps) but I loved it so much more than I was expecting to. Being able to get more than 1 fastpass at a time was a godsend. Space Mountain Mission 2 was amazing and Big Thunder Mountain was just sooo much better than WDW. We ate in the Blue Lagoon which was yummy and all the French staff were lovely. The only thing that I really missed was Splash Mountain, but you can't have everything.

I can see myself going on a regular basis now. DH puts up with it but he has said himself that he can see the attraction but will never 'get Disney'. I can pop over to DLP for the day though and get a fix.

Full trip report on its way!

:earsboy: :cloud9:

That's wonderful - I'm SO glad you enjoyed it so much!! I really do think that as long as you don't go expecting another WDW, you appreciate that DLP is a very different place, with a special charm of it's own

Looking forward to hearing ALL about it!!

Woo! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed it. Bad weather can certainly put a dampener (har har) on your enjoyment of DLP, I think. I don't think I'd ever go in late January again, to be honest. We went in the cheapest period after the Christmas theming had come down and it was a bit miserable. But our May holiday was warm, sunny and just fantastic.

Looking forward to the trip report! :Pinkbounc

Hels, glad to hear you enjoyed it, I must give it another go, first went years ago when Cally was 2 and thought it was terrible (you know, too french!) but if you enjoyed it I'll have to go back, was it as nice as St LUcia?? :earsboy:

This is good to hear. It has been 8 years since my last visit - it was OK but not all that - and I've been reluctant to go back. However, an inability to go to WDW this year meant that DLP was our only choice for a Disney fix. Hopefully, we'll enjoy our visit next month as much as you did. Look forward to that report!!

Andy

Helen
glad to hear that you enjoyed DLP. Waiting with anticipation for your trip report :teeth:

Reid

Glad you had a great experience and vacation. :sunny:

Scottish-Helen said:
I can see myself going on a regular basis now. DH puts up with it but he has said himself that he can see the attraction but will never 'get Disney'. I can pop over to DLP for the day though and get a fix.

Sounds just like my DH-which is why I'm taking my mum on my next visit instead.:teeth:
Glad you had such a good time.
Eagerly awaiting that trip report ;)

How wonderful that you had such a great time!

While I love both DLP and WDW I think they are very different experiences and worth doing both (many times, LOL)

Would love to read you Trip Report :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter