Just disembarked- any questions?

pixiedustedme

Planning is half the fun
We just disembarked this morning from a 5-night Western Caribbean cruise on the Magic. We sailed out of Miami, and our ports of call were Cozumel and Castaway Cay.

Any questions? I'd be happy to share about our cruise.

We just disembarked this morning from a 5-night Western Caribbean cruise on the Magic. We sailed out of Miami, and our ports of call were Cozumel and Castaway Cay.

Any questions? I'd be happy to share about our cruise.

Who were the cruise director and club host? How about the cruise staff? Thanks!

Cruise director was Darren, and assistant director was Matthew. I sail with my 14 year-old son, so never go to the adult clubs at night, so I can't tell you the club host.

Captain was Fabian. Sasha was at Palo (he used to be on the Wonder). Timmy led the Bingo games.

Cruise director was Darren, and assistant director was Matthew. I sail with my 14 year-old son, so never go to the adult clubs at night, so I can't tell you the club host.

Captain was Fabian. Sasha was at Palo (he used to be on the Wonder). Timmy led the Bingo games.

Who were the rest of the Cruise Staff Team members helping with bingo and other activities?

I believe the second night was labeled as "formal (optional)".

Night 3 was Pirate night, which meant we looped with our night 2 dinner location. Fireworks were at 8p.

Who were the rest of the Cruise Staff Team members helping with bingo and other activities?
There were two Mikes at one of the Bingo sessions, both from the U.K. I don't remember most of the entertainment staff names, unfortunately. Maybe after 5 or 10 more cruises... I remember that Timmy is from Las Vegas. There was a young blonde woman from Ohio, a very slim young woman from Mexico, a young man from Mexico, and a young woman from Trinidad.

I was on the same cruise. This was my first time on the Magic and was a bit disappointed by the size of the pool deck. I also expected more from the character farewell show. On other ships they performed to a song

I have a question! We usually drive to PC (12 hours) Is taking off from Miami easy? Any tips? Thx

We will be on the Magic this coming Wednesday. What time did your luggage arrive? Also what movies are playing in the theater.

We will be on the Magic this coming Wednesday. What time did your luggage arrive? Also what movies are playing in the theater.

Wreck it Ralph and Captain Marvel. On your cruise I am sure Dumbo will be playing. Your bags should be at your room by 1:30 or 2

I have a question! We usually drive to PC (12 hours) Is taking off from Miami easy? Any tips? Thx
The port seemed significantly more busy than PC. They had at least 4 different ships in port last Sunday so driving around was more hectic than I have ever seen PC.

The parking garage is a short walk away from the Disney terminal and is shared by another cruise line (RC maybe?). Parking was not as easy as PC, since there is no direct access to the Disney terminal from the garage. Otherwise, parking wasn't bad.

The terminal was smaller than PC, but since the Magic is smaller than the dream class ships, boarding went quickly. I got to the port around 10:30 and didn't encounter any lines and was boarded by 11:45.

We flew in from out of state and took the DCL transfer bus to the port. The distance between the Miami airport and Miami cruise port is about half of what it is between Port Canaveral and MCO, so that makes for a shorter trip in that section of the journey if you're flying. We always fly, so I can't answer questions about any other travel method, unfortunately.

The Miami cruise port is no more difficult to get through than is the Port Canaveral cruise port, at least once you're inside it. Finding the right entrance from the outside might be a bit more challenging, but nothing to worry about at all.

Last edited:
I was on the same cruise. This was my first time on the Magic and was a bit disappointed by the size of the pool deck. I also expected more from the character farewell show. On other ships they performed to a song
We wanted to go to that, but I fell asleep: two desserts and an active Castaway Cay day will do that to you... Did the characters perform at all during the show, or was it strictly photo ops the whole time?

Last edited:
All three of our suitcases were delivered to our stateroom well before the muster drill. We were at the pool deck when they were delivered, so I can't tell you the exact time, but they were there by 3pm at least.

Movies in the Buena Vista theater were:
  • The Incredibles 2
  • Mary Poppins Returns
  • Ant Man and the Wasp
  • Captain Marvel
  • Ralph Breaks the Internet
  • Dumbo sneak preview (only 13 minutes of it)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!