Just back...vwl refurb...really?!

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
Very sad to say that the job on "updating" the VWL villas is terrible. In our 1 bedroom, there was a large hole (guessing unfinished) in the wall to the left/bottom of sink area. The cabinets were repainted but they didn't touch the inside, they're still green. There was another "unfinished/hole" to the right of the fridge right above the floor. There was missing pieces to the sink faucets in kitchen. The bathroom fixtures (faucets and where to hang a towel) were changed to a more modern, chrome fixture which does not go with any of the other décor or theme of the place and the toilet roll fixture was not changed out so it doesn't match anything. There were two holes next to the mirror in bathroom. Very disappointed to see such terrible work.

Ouch. Really hope you called the manager up to point out the issues in person.

You should have gotten either moved, gotten some points refunded, or both.

And they need to make the room right. I really hope this villa was an exception, and not the rule...

This is the second report I've seen talking about rather shoddy workmanship from what seemed to be a very hurried refurb. We'll be there in a few weeks and my optimism was already rather low over the design and hearing this is just making me down right sad. :sad1:

Poor VWL. A couple of years ago we stayed in a 1 bedroom at VWL that had a mix of chrome and oil rubbed bronze faucets and door knobs. I reported it to DVC and their reply was that the oil rubbed bronze was too expensive for the property and that they were switching to chrome finishes.

Such a shame to break from the original designs.

:earsboy: Bill

I really wish when it comes to making changes to the resort that the owners actually had a vote on it.

That's so sad. We have reservations for later this year, I am seriously thinking of changing it.

Would you opt for the oil rubbed bronze if it meant increasing dues to $10? And how would votes be counted, by number of points? Then Disney would have the most say right?

We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa on the 4th floor March 30th to April 5th. It was a mess. Superficially, everything looked beautiful. The new carpet in the bedroom, the paint colors, the nice linens, the faux wood floor and even the new furniture all looked good. Upon closer inspection, yes, they did a shoddy, rush job with the remodel. In our room, there were paint drips everywhere, the safety strap in the TV in the living room had not been reattached to the wall, the appliances had 2X4's behind them so you could not push them back against the wall, cabinets painted on outside only, missing hardware on numerous fixtures in bathrooms and bedroom, the patio door latch broke and we could not open it and the dishwasher door was broken. We complained with a list to the front desk with the most egregious ones and they were fixed right away. But in putting in the brand new dishwasher they gouged and scratched up the new floors.

When I came home I emailed DVC customer service. They called me within two days and i spoke at length with them on the phone. They took down everything we had to say and were very apologetic. Whether it makes a difference in the long run, I don't know. To be honest with you, I am not sure if i am going to stay there again. VWL was my favorite resort....was!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter