• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from BWV 6/22

CapeCodFam

DIS Veteran
Just got back from BWV and had another wonderful trip. I noticed a few changes since our last visit on 11/06.

The old white and yellow stripe canopy above the screen door store has been replaced with a light blue one. It's much nicer and clean.

Community Hall now has a widescreen TV and a few more video games.

The bakery now has breakfast sandwiches. They are pre-made and reheated in a press. I had an egg/bacon/cheese panini. It was good. But, may need to be heated more. The 2nd one I ordered, next morning, was cold in the middle. I wish they would make more chocolate croissants. I ordered the last one,for my wife, at 8:40 am on Friday and the guy behind me was out of luck. People wait all year for this and I hate to see anyone miss out on their favorite item.

The bakery had lunch/dinner sandwiches too.

The queue in the bakery is different. The register has been turned to the side and has it's own dedicated CM. The other CM's are order takers and get your goodies ready for checkout. It seemed to work better.

The 'food cart' now has meatball subs.

'games of chance' now gives 8 balls for $5 and you no longer need to knock down 3 clowns in a row. But, you do need to get 3 out of 4. (It's still hard for kids. Much less painful to just hand over your money. But, they always want to do it.)

The entire porch/stairway to the green had been painted as well as most of the lobby while we were there.

Balcony chairs got cheaper. I was in room 4010 at the end of the hall behind the crest-of-wave section overlooking the old sales building turned garden. The chairs in this section were all white and less sturdy than the green/white chairs on the other balconies. Not a complaint. Just an observation.

Spoodles has improved their menu! Mussels are back! The kids pizza is back! I'm not sure if the calamari was new. But, it sure was good.

Toiletries are different. Our room was adorned with spa-like soaps, lotions, shampoos, etc. We found these same items for sale in the store.

The clown pool was different. I think the slide,coming out of the mouth, used to be red.? Now it's white and the face of the clown had clearly been painted a little different too. It looked quite good.

Leaping horse libations now serves non-alcoholic sour apple freezes. They were good.

While some of our favorite street performers were missing (again?), we did see other favorites and did notice a new one. We also noticed that they were now accepting tips when offered. They've always refused them previously. Maybe disney finally lamented and let them accept these well-wishings.

I did see a carpet cleaning company truck quite a few days. I also saw a bank of rooms out of service for painting. I suspect they were servicing previously smoked rooms.

Welcome back,
Glad to hear of upgrades and the great dining. Glad you had a magical trip!

Glad you had a good time at my "home" resort BWV...

It is a great place to be!!

DeerH

So happy to hear the slide and clown were painted. They were so faded. Last time I stayed there the clown was steering through my room window all night. Sounds like another good Disney horror film. I'd love some pics of new paint job if anyone has them.

Great report! Love to hear about changes, most of which sound very positive. Wish I didn't have to wait until January to stay there...

Thanks for the report! I'm homesick :sick:

Here's my DM enjoying the new white painted slide - this is from February of this year:

momslidefeb07.jpg

Thank you for sharing your report. We too returned from BWV about a week ago. It was really funny as I read your obserations. . .we did not notice any of them because it was our first DVC trip! But I was very impressed by everything you noticed!!

By the way, we loved your home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter