Just back from a quick trip 12/6-12/9

10MoreMinutes

DIS Veteran
Just got back home on Sunday evening from a quick 4-day/3-night trip and thought I'd share my thoughts on the places we ate at.

For reference, this was an adults-only trip comprised of me (age 31), my brother (age 27), and my sister-in-law (age 25).

• Ohana (dinner): Our reservation was for 3:35 and we were seated by 3:45. I went in with lower expectations because I had been seeing so many recent negative reviews, but we all loved it! Our server was excellent (and hilarious!) and all the food was great. My particular favorite was the pork dumplings...I probably could have made a meal of those and the lo mein noodles alone. My brother loved the steak, and my sister-in-law loved the noodles and the chicken. And of course, we devoured the bread pudding. I'd definitely go back here. My rating: 9/10
  • 1900 Park Fare (breakfast): The Mad Hatter was really the highlight of this breakfast for us. The other character interactions were a bit rushed, and both Alice and Mary Poppins were so soft-spoken that I had a hard time hearing them. Tigger was at the end and was just a quick picture and they were ushering us out-no interaction at all. The food was all good, but nothing to write home about necessarily. I did really enjoy the strawberry soup, which I didn't think I was going to like. We might try the dinner next time, but I'm in no rush to do breakfast here again. My rating: 7/10
  • Satuli Canteen (dinner): I had the shrimp bowl and it was fantastic! I think I did noodles and the creamy herb dressing, and it was all so good. We mobile ordered, and that was quick and painless. The only problem was, because it was noodles and seafood, I was hungry again two hours later. My rating: 8/10
  • Electric Umbrella (lunch): My sister-in-law and I had the three-cheese flatbread and while she loved it, I thought it was just okay. The cheese got rubbery pretty quickly. My brother got the brisket sandwich and liked it. My rating: 6/10
  • Coca-Cola rooftop bar (drinks only): I usually get the Cherry Coke Ripper, but this year I noticed a Surge mojito and had to get it. It was great! Light and refreshing, and with a surprising amount of liquor in it. My sister-in-law got the Cherry Coke Ripper and liked it. My rating: 9/10
  • Raglan Road (dinner): This is my favorite place that I've ever eaten on Disney property. I got the beer flight (which had larger pours than I was expecting) and the shepherd's pie. Everything was great! I also loved the band, and we ended up staying awhile just to watch the entertainment once we were done eating. The only downside? My brother got the burger and we're pretty sure he got food poisoning...his stomach started cramping within a few hours of eating, and he spent the night in the bathroom throwing up. He seemed okay by the next morning though, so it might have just been some kind of bug. My rating (not counting my brother getting sick): 10/10
  • Pop Century food court: We only got pineapple soft-serve and grab-and-go sandwiches, so I can't really comment on food quality too much, other than that we enjoyed the ice cream and the sandwiches seemed fresh. All the CMs we interacted with were really nice though, and service was quick despite it being busy every time we were in there. My rating: 8/10
And that's it! we had a lunch ADR for 50s Prime Time on Sunday, but I canceled it since I ended up being the only person to go to the park and it was a miserable, rainy mess, so I hit a couple rides and booked it out of there. Overall, though, we liked pretty much everything, and wouldn't hesitate to eat at any of these places again.

Yikes, sorry to hear your brother didn't fair so well but good to hear the food at least worked out for you :-) Thanks for sharing!

The only place we have eaten at on your trip was Raglan Road. The first time we went there was in 2013 for dinner. It was jam packed and we asked for a table where we could see the dancing and she said there was no way. I went to find my husband in the gift shop and when I came back, she sat us in the middle of the action. We had the Fish and Chips and I had the bread pudding for dessert, which is the best I have ever had.

The second time, we went for brunch -this year (we now live only 90 minutes away). The food was good, no entertainment, the only thing we did not care for was the soda bread - too salty and dry for our tastes although other diners seemed to be enjoying it.

Glad you liked Ohana, I love that place. Satuli Canteen I've always enjoyed. I haven't tried it since they changed the menu around, but its good to hear someone liked the changes.

Glad you liked Ohana, I love that place. Satuli Canteen I've always enjoyed. I haven't tried it since they changed the menu around, but its good to hear someone liked the changes.

I may not be the best opinion on Satuli Canteen...this was the first time I'd eaten there, so I don't really know what I was missing with the old menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter