Just Back - Dining Reviews

PamNC

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a lovely 7 night trip - stayed at the Poly. I thought I'd give my dining reviews. I'll skip counter service - who cares about counter service, right? :-)

I'll rate from 1-5 with 5 being the best rating.

Concourse Steakhouse - 5 - Surprised that this little place got a 5? So were we but we had dinner here twice, breakfast once and lunch once. Obviously we liked it! They had this delicious salad called Summer Peach Salad. Yummy. Great prime rib. Delicious eggs benedict. And, it's affordable which makes it even better.

Kona Cafe - 4.5 - Excellent breakfast as usual. We all know Tonga Toast Rules. Lunch was good too - and excellent desserts.

Ohana Character Breakfast - 4.0 - Fantastic atmosphere - we were impressed. The food was pretty good...nothing to write home about but the atmosphere makes up for the lackluster food.
Love the view - we were looking right at the castle. Great music - they even played the old Tiki birds.

Maya Grille - 3.0 - Pretty good - they changed the menu. It's less Latin-influenced. Still pretty good and thank goodness they kept the best dessert which is Churros. Good margaritas.

All American BBQ - 1.5 - We weren't too happy with it. The food wasn't that great. But, then again I'm from NC and what they served AIN'T real BBQ. They did have hot dogs and who can mess up a hot dog, right? Not so great for two people without kids. It's very kid-oriented as far as the entertainment so if you have kids I think you'd be pleased with it. Food really really needs something...the best thing was the grilled corn and melted butter. Oh, and the beer.

Blue Zoo - 5 - OHMYGOSH! Absolutely delicious experience from the food, to the decor and the excellent service. Big portions and surprisingly not as expensive as one might think. We had a glass of wine each, one appetizer (a huge bowl of mussels), and our entres. Bill was only $93.00. Which is enough but we expected it to be over $100.

Beaches & Cream - 5 - best burger on property and the freshest bread around. Plus, a fun soda shop atmosphere. Love it!

Grand Floridian Cafe - 4 - We had breakfast here and it was delicious. A little on the pricey side. No surprise..

Kimonos - 5 - Excellent Sushi and a little fun Karaoke to boot!

I think that's it other than the fast food stuff that is what it is.
We spent a lot of time dining at close by places like Kona Cafe and Concourse Steakhouse. Close and affordable...plus delicious.

PamNC

PamNC...
Thanks for the reviews... we'll be going again in Sept. and we'll have the silver plan... please share more details about Blue Zoo.. where is it and what did you have besides mussles? Have heard good things but never asked for details...
is it pretty? Casual? Noisey? Just curious... and glad you had yummy stuff...

I'm going to have to figure out how to add Concourse to my already overscheduled dining itinerary! Yours is the second dining report that raved about it in as many days. Funny, we stayed at the Cont last trip and never ate there.

We're staying at the Poly in December. What building were you in? Did you request that building? Anything else you want to add about the Poly, please feel free.

Thanks for the great reviews. My wife has already ststed that we are going to be trying Concourse for breakfast and Blue Zoo for dinner on our next trip. They both sound like great places to eat.

Daniluvsdisney - Hi there! Blue Zoo is so incredible. In addition to the mussels, I had the filet with fingerling potatoes and a horseradish cream sauce and green beans. My hubby had the pork chop which came with a delicious sweet potato side. Oh - and we ordered a side that is good enough to make you slap your grandma - "shake and bake fries." The restaurant had a very unique flair - quite modern. Very quiet and relaxing. The service was top notch. A must do! Portions were huge - and when you order a glass of wine - it's a big one. They have a great wine selection.

Disney4us2002 - We were in Tokelau - garden view. We requested Tokelau with a view overlooking the quiet pool and we got exactly that! It was a perfect location. Close to everything. And, a side view of the Castle.

Oh - all this talk of food and the Polynesian makes me wish we were still there.

PamNC

Great reviews, thanks,

Please, where is Blue Zoo? is it new, hard to believe there is food available that I don't know about!

Many Thanks
k

Thanks for the reviews! I'll be staying at the Swan in December, so I was especially pleased to read your reviews of Blue Zoo and Kimono's - two places I hope to try.

Kaybird - Blue Zoo is in the Dolphin. It opened late last year.

Thanks for sharing. I think Blue Zoo will have to be added to our list of restaurants to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter