Just back 10/19 to 10/22

MickeyNicki

It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a
DAY 1

Lunch at WPE in DTD. The 2 nieces ate the kids pizza and really liked it. DH wanted the rotisserie chicken but it had another 30 minutes left to cook so he got the Margaherita Pizza which was awesome, I only got 2 bites! I had the BBQ chicken quesadilla which was wonderful but so huge, enough for 2 people to eat. Cannot wait to go back here again next month!

Dinner was at Chef Mickeys. We had 5:40 ressies and got there early and were seated right away. The kids had pizza, they did not like the mac and cheese (no flavor and they were right about that), the ravioli (way too much sauce) and the chicken fingers were cold and hard. The older niece ate alot if shrimp and bread. DH liked the prime rib and mashed potatoes but the did not like the roasted chicken, stuffing, soup and the few other items he selected. I liked the prime rib and mashed potatoes but agree with DH about the other food, BLECH! I tried the chicken pot pie and this pasta in a cream sauce with veggies and it was terrible! We had a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling for my birthday and it was delicious and fruit. DH got a plate of desserts from the buffet and...yuck...the rice squares were stale, the cookies were good and the oreo cookie thing was ok but too sweet. We would not eat here again...the character interaction was great but the food was the pits.

About 4 hours later I was a sick puppy, the shakes, sweats, the teeth chattering, phyically ill....food poisoning...I was the only one sick so it had to be the pasta in the cream sauce as I am the only one that tried it.

DAY 2

No breakfast for me, was too sick and tired since I was up all night. The girls had cereal in the room, and DH said he would wait until we got to AK. We went to Tusker House and he had a danish and a bagel..he said they were ok. We skipped lunch and they ate fries as a snack. We went back to the food court at POR and DH had a taco salad which is out of this world. I had a few bites of the caesar salad which was very good. The kids had the spaghetti plate with apple sauce and carrot sticks, they ate it all and had it the next night too.

DAY 3

We skipped the CP breakfast which I am still upset about but the girls would not wake up. When I finally did get them up we had breakfast at the POR food court. They shared the pancakes and DH and I had the breakfast platter...very good but the biscuits are gross.

Lunch - we ate at Pinocchio Village at MK and I had the cold cut sandwich (sorry cannot remember the name) and it was very good, DH and the girls got 2 cheese pizzas which no one liked and we all shared the Figaro fries and they were great!

Dinner - back at the POR food court, I had the taco salad, great! DH had the BBQ chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes, corn bread, and beans...very good and tasty! The kids had the spaghetti again.

DAY 4

Breakfast - PSB in Norway. The bacon was good, the eggs were scrambled to death...they were just little crumbs. The sausage was grisly and the potatoes were wonderful! They did not bring fruit or pastries to the table, there is a buffet set up with apple filled danish, caramel glazed cinnamon buns, cherry danish, biscuits (gross), croissants (gross) , strawberries, melon, lox, cheese and meats. The kids barely ate because they were too busy with the princesses but DH ate one platter by himself and half of the other one so we got out monies worth. Food was so so but the character interaction was wonderful.

No I did not tell anyone about the food poisoning, who would I tell? I know it was from Chef Mickeys...it hit me fast and thank god I was on the bus back to the resort. I never got sick at WDW before but now I am worried about going to 1900 Park Faire next month...I am thinking of cancelling...

I work at a restaruant and if someone gets sick (thankfully it is RARE!!) they either call us directly or the board of health - we only had the board of health called 1x the other few times it has happened they called us directly. Honestly, they want to know! I'd call the front desk for the contemporary and ask to speak to somene in dining.

When you say the biscuits and croissants were gross, what do you mean? Soggy, stale, why?

chirurgeon said:
When you say the biscuits and croissants were gross, what do you mean? Soggy, stale, why?

They were spongy and tasty lard like....gross

Thanks for your reviews! We also love WPE. I'm so sorry you got sick! Last time we ate at Chef Mickey's we didn't like it either. Luckily none of us got sick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter