June, heat and eczema

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
I know this might sound like a crazy question, but my DD breaks out in eczema in hot weather but we really want to go to Disney in June with grandparents. Has anyone dealt with this and found ways to help it when at Disney? We can do Benadryl of course, but i'd rather not give my kid this for a whole week. I know the AC will help, too. Thank you!

Hi
I go to Disney usually twice a year.
I have two types of eczema (Atopic and Discoid).I have been struggling with this for a few years now.
I also was recently diagnosed with psoriasis...I know joy eh?

Here are a few things that I have found that help.
I bring my own sheets and pillowcase,,some hotel sheets feel like sandpaper to my skin.
I wear only cotton loose clothing,,allowing the skin to breathe.
I shower/bathe twice a day--tepid temp water-perspiration inflames the eczema.

I only swim in salt water pools,,chlorine bothers me.(No hot tub :(),,I bring my own Beach Towel from home.
I bring two types of shoes (sandals,runners) and switch out mid day.
I drink extra water,the skin is the largest organ of the body and with a skin condition it needs to be rehydrated frequently.
Wash hands frequently as germs can enter the skin more easily with skin conditions. I carry a small container of Cetaphil hand soap.
8905149186078.jpg

I can not use hand sanitizer as it dries my skin out too much and can hurt the skin where the eczema is .
I take antihistamine medication in the late afternoon so that I sometimes get a restful nights sleep.
For me the sunshine early in the morning is helpful for clearing/healing my skin but later in the day it is just too intense.

I do Early Magic hours,late breakfast at an airconditioned restaurant,,then 3FP+ and then a break back at the Hotel.
I do go back in the evenings following a shower and fresh clothing change.

I bring all my own personal needs stuff(shampoo,skin cream,soap etc) from home.
Recently I found taking an Epsom salts bath helps the itching.
Disney's First Aid Stations will hold any skin medication that needs to be kept cold.

The good news is I am documenting my Skin Journey in hopes that someday my granddaughter and
nieces may find something I've tried that will help them.

Best Wishes for a great Holiday:flower1:
Regards
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter