June 2018 discount watch

Thanks for the heads up!!! Unfortunately my dates are later in the month. We’ll keep waiting!

I've checked online to see if my current package is applicable for the discount and I do NOT have a link to change it - and when I pretend to book a same room package the 2 BR villa at BR at the Wilderness Lodge is NOT shown...

*whomp whomp*

BUT, I called the WDW reservation lady I've been working with and wanted to see if she could get some magic and find a discount..

fingers crossed!!

I woke up this morning to an e-mail from my TA letting me know she applied the Summer Meal Deal promotion to our reservation for June. That will save us about $700. I had no idea that deal was being released today. Just a little more "food for thought". ;)
What are your travel dates?

I'm trying to figure out if this discount is one where all of your travel dates have to fall within the discount dates or just some..

We're traveling June 8-14

I've checked online to see if my current package is applicable for the discount and I do NOT have a link to change it - and when I pretend to book a same room package the 2 BR villa at BR at the Wilderness Lodge is NOT shown...

*whomp whomp*

BUT, I called the WDW reservation lady I've been working with and wanted to see if she could get some magic and find a discount..

fingers crossed!!

Fingers crossed for some pixie dust for you! We were originally booked in a Nemo suite at AoA but there weren't any promo rooms available in Nemo. Originally our TA booked us in the generic "family suite" with the promo because it was either that or Cars and she knew that Cars is by far our last choice. About an hour later she was able to book us in a Lion King suite. I'm very happy about that. I'd prefer Nemo...but LK is a close second for us. I just did *not* want Cars.

What are your travel dates?

I'm trying to figure out if this discount is one where all of your travel dates have to fall within the discount dates or just some..

We're traveling June 8-14

We're Jun 17-24 -- so well within the required travel dates of May 29 - August 25. I would guess that some nights around July 4th are blackout dates, but I can't imagine your travel dates would be blacked out. It's probably just an issue of the promo not being available on your room type. Keep trying, though, as inventory seems to change throughout the booking period. Or like in our case, a LK suite was not available to be booked at the promo rate at 7:00 a.m. this morning, but at 8:00 a.m. it was available.

We were booked at Pop Century June 8-14, through third party with a promo for $881. I cancelled and switched to the free quick service meal for All Star Sports. Unfortunately Pop Century was unavailable for our dates :-(. It was available for June 9-15 though, but it doesn't make sense for us to switch our flights. I am going to keep checking though. The overall cost was more expensive but with 2 adults, 2 kids, the cost value for the free meal makes it a better deal.

UGH.....NO DISCOUNT for me.....at least not yet....

I called my "WDW reservation agent of fabulousness" and she had NADA for me...there was no discount on a 2 BR villa at WL at either Cooper Creek or Boulder Ridge and even if there was a discount, it's only 10% on the first few days of my trip plus the 1 day of park hopper tickets....which was not much of a discount...since we were getting 7 days anyway, it's only like $40!!

BUT we are keeping our fingers crossed for the next discount that will come out when this one expires in March - she said it should cover all of June so all of my dates would be covered and she's hoping it's better than this one.

OR that I get a fabulous PIN code/UOC before then ....which I would LOVE to get...

CONGRATS for those of you who could get this discount to work!

We're Jun 17-24 -- so well within the required travel dates of May 29 - August 25. I would guess that some nights around July 4th are blackout dates, but I can't imagine your travel dates would be blacked out. It's probably just an issue of the promo not being available on your room type. Keep trying, though, as inventory seems to change throughout the booking period. Or like in our case, a LK suite was not available to be booked at the promo rate at 7:00 a.m. this morning, but at 8:00 a.m. it was available.
I think you must have booked the Stay Play and Dine or (is it called Summer Meal Deal), yes? That is only for value resorts and doesn't include any other category of resort. The room discounts only go through June 10.

UGH.....NO DISCOUNT for me.....at least not yet....

I called my "WDW reservation agent of fabulousness" and she had NADA for me...there was no discount on a 2 BR villa at WL at either Cooper Creek or Boulder Ridge and even if there was a discount, it's only 10% on the first few days of my trip plus the 1 day of park hopper tickets....which was not much of a discount...since we were getting 7 days anyway, it's only like $40!!

BUT we are keeping our fingers crossed for the next discount that will come out when this one expires in March - she said it should cover all of June so all of my dates would be covered and she's hoping it's better than this one.

OR that I get a fabulous PIN code/UOC before then ....which I would LOVE to get...

CONGRATS for those of you who could get this discount to work!
Copper Creek is excluded from the discount anyway...just fyi. Here is hoping you get something better in the next round. I do know that last year (2017) the later summer discount was better than the early summer one.

I think you must have booked the Stay Play and Dine or (is it called Summer Meal Deal), yes? That is only for value resorts and doesn't include any other category of resort. The room discounts only go through June 10.

Yes, the Summer Meal Deal. I didn't realize this morning when I was responding that there was a room discount released with different dates. But the same situation applies to any discount/promo -- only a certain number of rooms/room types are available at that rate but it's not unusual for more rooms to be added at a later date. It's not unheard of for a certain room type to not be available on the day the discount/promo drops but 3 weeks later that room type is suddenly available (assuming it's not listed as being excluded from the deal).

Yes, the Summer Meal Deal. I didn't realize this morning when I was responding that there was a room discount released with different dates. But the same situation applies to any discount/promo -- only a certain number of rooms/room types are available at that rate but it's not unusual for more rooms to be added at a later date. It's not unheard of for a certain room type to not be available on the day the discount/promo drops but 3 weeks later that room type is suddenly available (assuming it's not listed as being excluded from the deal).
I agree with you there. But @Avery&Todd was trying to apply a discount to a deluxe and so those discounts would only go until June 10.

I agree with you there. But @Avery&Todd was trying to apply a discount to a deluxe and so those discounts would only go until June 10.

Yes, I was trying to book the "Soak up some Sun and Fun" discount that came out today - my reservation agent did verify that the only villa excluded is a "Grand 3Br villa" and that's not what I have.

If the discount had been available for my 2br villa at Boulder Ridge then it would only have been 10% off the room rate for the first 3 nights and along with 1 free park hopper ticket per person (which would have been day #7 for us)

So it wasn't the best discount...so I'll keep waiting!!

We're going June 16-19 (after a cruise). Do you think that will be too short to get any kind of discount? We're currently booked at Riverside (due to having 3 children over 3).

I called today to see what was available and I had a pin code attached to my name. And was able to get animal kingdom lodge with park hopper tickets and the food plan for 2400 ish. It's a standard view room, is this a goid deal? It was 150 dollars cheaper then por!

I called today to see what was available and I had a pin code attached to my name. And was able to get animal kingdom lodge with park hopper tickets and the food plan for 2400 ish. It's a standard view room, is this a goid deal? It was 150 dollars cheaper then por!

What are your dates? How many guests? Adults, children? If you can give us specifics, we can give you a general idea of how much you saved over full price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter