June-11 Trip: Are you Eating, Flying and Sailing Nuts? FINAL UPDATE 9/14

CJ - I understand that feeling of things changing as they grow up and venture out in the world. You're right, there will be trips but they will be different. Is it bad that I got a little teary as I read that? Your daughter has been through a lot over the last couple of years, and I'm so glad you had some time together before the crazy senior year ahead. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

It was a fantastic trip! The surprises were pulled off without a hitch, and the Princess was really surprised each time. Expensive but what the heck. At least the room was paid for.
Of course it was fantastic! Your daughter is lucky to have a dad like you!:thumbsup2 Great job on all the surprises!

And of course, I’ll let you know if we get Aluani and the Grand California.
That is a Trip Report I want to read.:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your pictures and experiences with us!

Awesome, awesome trip report. Now you have to come back with the photos of the kitchen cabinets. :thumbsup2

Senior year for your daughter, bittersweet time. Sweet for her, a new life in the horizon, but for you, wow, is your life changing. Maybe you need to acquire another child??? :rolleyes1

Keep us posted. I have enjoyed your trip.

Thank you. She is pretty cute. Also, thanks for the offer. Will only be there for a couple of days and plan on just hitting the parks. Would like to see the Disney museum but will not make it to San Fran. this trip. Any hints and suggestions would be most welcome. Maybe a lunch meet up if you are in the parks.

Since I live less than 1/2 an hour away, meeting up is not a problem unless I am out of town or have major activities going on....I'm hoping that my life calms down as opposed to gets more complicated in the next couple years! :lmao:

LA, Hawaii and San Francisco would be pretty ambitious for one trip. I think you said this trip is next summer. With Carlsland opening, the VGC will be packed. I would try for weekdays there and be very flexible with your dates. Good Luck!

Enjoyed your TR, sorry it's over, plus I still have about six weeks until I'm back....I'll need to find some F&W TRs to get me through.

Thanks for the report, it was fun reading about all of your surprises. You have a lovely daughter who is truly a Daddy's Girl! How wonderful!!!

Cyndi

A few reasons... I love Disney World, but I really only get there once every few years. I really didn't even know about this place until I started hanging out around the DIS Boards. I've had my eyes opened to a lot of "new" things I want to experience. My list of things I want to try continues to grow much faster than I will be able to cross things off.

My other main reason... I don't want to be this parent...

DS will be 22 months when we go this fall. Sometimes he does well in restuarant situations, sometimes he doesn't. I don't want to risk ruining someone else's experience, and if he isn't in a mood to sit through dinner, then I'm not going to enjoy it anyway because I'll be dealing with him.:rotfl2:

Andy forgot you have a little one. Put it on the list but there are more important things to do with a toddler. Been there, done that. Great fun.

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: Priceless.

You know I was playing, right? RightÉ My head hurts. I believe I fully understand Jasmine's attributes.

Gosh she's so incredibly life like. Smart a$$.

You know I was playing with you playing with me, right? DD does love Belle though. You are accusing moi as a smart a**.

I ran down here to edit out my emotional ramblings. Da#" you. :3dglasses

Nothing wrong with emotional ramblings. Does the heart and soul good.

:rotfl: Can you imagineÉ ----------------------- French keyboard!!!!!!!!!!! Insert swearing.

Mon Dieu!

Wow I`m shocked. I really thought their policy was not to let them in. :confused3

Totally annoying. I remember eating at Turf Club and suddenly there was a parade - scheduled parade by the Turf Club. I actually asked the higher ups why they would do that in a lovely restaurant.

I thought they had a dress code. Guess they don’t enforce it. A Turf Club parade? What was it post time?

ReadyÉ Kids love it. Yep, that`s it - kids must be *happy*;) at all times. Cause that`s good practice for adulthood. Laughing. It drives me insane.

Me too.

Killing me. I lived in France`s CS this trip - mmmm. Heaven. I need to stop reading your TRs. I keep mumbling - in a grumpy utterly jealous manner :lmao: - one day - ONE DAY. :surfweb:

Yeah officially caught up!!!!

Congrats on catching up. Don’t get mad, get even. Looking forward to your next report.

CJ - I understand that feeling of things changing as they grow up and venture out in the world. You're right, there will be trips but they will be different. Is it bad that I got a little teary as I read that? Your daughter has been through a lot over the last couple of years, and I'm so glad you had some time together before the crazy senior year ahead. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

You are welcome. Not bad at all that you got teary. I will be a blubbering idiot when she gets her diploma.

It has been a tough road for her and I always told her that she is a thoroughbred and will get through it with her head held high. The way I am looking at it is that different doesn’t mean worse, its just different.

Of course it was fantastic! Your daughter is lucky to have a dad like you!:thumbsup2 Great job on all the surprises!

That is a Trip Report I want to read.:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your pictures and experiences with us!

Thanks man. Keeping my fingers crossed that the mega trip next year happens.

Thank you. I have really enjoyed your trip report. :thumbsup2

My pleasure. Well not a real pleasure, a bit burdensome at times but I am glad I did it.

Awesome, awesome trip report. Now you have to come back with the photos of the kitchen cabinets. :thumbsup2

Senior year for your daughter, bittersweet time. Sweet for her, a new life in the horizon, but for you, wow, is your life changing. Maybe you need to acquire another child??? :rolleyes1

Keep us posted. I have enjoyed your trip.

ANOTHER KID? You need your head examined. (Get it, psychology, head examined) It is going to be an interesting time for both of us. I am looking forward to the little bird leaving the nest. It will be sad but also fun.

Since I live less than 1/2 an hour away, meeting up is not a problem unless I am out of town or have major activities going on....I'm hoping that my life calms down as opposed to gets more complicated in the next couple years! :lmao:

LA, Hawaii and San Francisco would be pretty ambitious for one trip. I think you said this trip is next summer. With Carlsland opening, the VGC will be packed. I would try for weekdays there and be very flexible with your dates. Good Luck!

Enjoyed your TR, sorry it's over, plus I still have about six weeks until I'm back....I'll need to find some F&W TRs to get me through.

Haven’t been to one of my favorite places on earth (Napa/Sonoma) for a while. That is on the to do list and when I am out there, a layover at San Fran and the Disney museum will be in order. Forgot that Carsland is opening then. If I can’t get in at VGC there are other options available. The weekday tip is a good one. I’ll keep you posted on the plans. Hoping everything will come together in November.

Don't forget to post those kitchen remodel photo updates! :thumbsup2

Countertops were installed yesterday. The plumbing will be connected to the sink and dishwasher and the doors on the upper cabinets will be in place today. Will post when they are done.

Thank you, i loved the trip report.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Thanks for the report, it was fun reading about all of your surprises. You have a lovely daughter who is truly a Daddy's Girl! How wonderful!!!

Cyndi

Thank you. We had a great trip. Glad I can still shock her once in a while.

Again, thanks for an awesome TR as always. We actually stayed at the BWV on our last trip in May and thanks to your TR, we know what to expect. Thanks for sharing DD's adventures with all of as she continues to grow up. You've done an amazing job with her. Hope you get your VGC/Aluani trip. That's on our bucket list so I can't wait for your TR for that one. We are crossing our fingers and hoping for one of the coveted spots on next years Member Cruise....that's my reward for taking DH's family next summer...for 11 days :rolleyes1...after they cancelled on us once...:headache:

Again, thanks for an awesome TR as always. We actually stayed at the BWV on our last trip in May and thanks to your TR, we know what to expect. Thanks for sharing DD's adventures with all of as she continues to grow up. You've done an amazing job with her. Hope you get your VGC/Aluani trip. That's on our bucket list so I can't wait for your TR for that one. We are crossing our fingers and hoping for one of the coveted spots on next years Member Cruise....that's my reward for taking DH's family next summer...for 11 days :rolleyes1...after they cancelled on us once...:headache:

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed the Boardwalk and get the Members Cruise. Won't comment on taking DH's family. Ouch.

A few pics of the kitchen. Still a few things to do and am just moving back in so it is a bit of a mess.

IMG_2207.jpg

A shelf will be going over the stove and these cabinets
IMG_2209.jpg

The backsplash needs to be installed and the upper cabinet door on the left needs to be moved over.
IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

New sink. You can also see the backsplash area. The wall is poured concrete and original to the house which was build in 1930. That's old for Florida.
IMG_2213.jpg

Close-up of the stone. It has flecks of green that match the wall. The Princess picked it out.
IMG_2215.jpg

So that is it. Obligation fulfilled. This weekend will be spent moving everything in and cleaning up the construction.

Talk to you later

Thanks for posting. I would love to have a kitchen re-do but it is not in the cards so I get a high from watching others upgrade. Congrats--and happy moving and cleaning!

I just wanted to tell you how much I have thoroughly enjoyed this trip report (as well as your previous ones). Your narration and pictures are so funny and interesting and exciting. I looked forward to seeing your next post and was anticipating when it would be up for viewing! I'm sad that your trip report is now done....and your are back to "reality". The memories you have made with your daughter are irreplaceable!

Here's wishing that you continue to be in good health. Good luck on planning your "next adventure". I look forward to reading your trip reports in the future!!

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to escape to that magical place, if even just briefly, and live vicariously through your adventures!

Thanks for posting you TR - it has been great following you and Andriana on your adventures. What great memories you have made and it seems like you have many more to come with Aulani etc.

Hope all goes well with Senior year and the hunt for college.

Oh, and I love your kitchen :thumbsup2

Just gotta say......"conundrum" is one great word! Love the way it sounds - - going to find a way to use it at work today :yay:
Well now you've found yourself in a conundrum on exactly how you can use it at work today. Would that make it the conundrum or conundrums?

:thumbsup2 Good call. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

OK, this thing looks absolutely delicious in every way except for that coffee ice cream part. I am not a coffee drinker and can not stand anything that has that flavor to it. I'd be afraid a scoop of that would begin to melt and contaminate everything else with that flavor. :scared1:
1000% agreed. Coffee. If there's a throwing up icon, it belongs after coffee. (at least for me)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!