July DLP Quiz - Question 13 **Answer added**

Bexx

DIS Veteran
I'm posting this early, as I may not access to the computer until later this evening! I'll post the answer to Question 12 later - but I don't think any of you need to be worried!!

Apart from the steamboats, there were originally two other "water transportation systems" in Frontierland. For a point each, can you name them both?

Good luck

PM sent, sorry it's a couple of minutes late!

Rhiannon :wizard:

The answer was the Indian Canoes and the River Rogue Keelboats.

Another good round - well done!

What were they and why where they taken away? :confused3

They were much smaller boats than the paddle steamers, that also used to go round the Rivers of the Far West in Frontierland. Don't know why they were taken away? Maybe due to cutbacks, or not very popular, or maybe too popular and they couldn't cope with the numbers!!! :confused3

Thanks again Becky, You certainly are a bible of knowledge when it comes to DLP!!!!

Thanks Nicola. I would say I was on a par with a lot of other people here - looking at a lot of books and websites helps!! From when it first opened I've always tried to keep up to date with what's happening at DLP - and WDW for that matter. That's why I based my quiz on what's changed, what's arrived and what's disappeared from the resort - I find it really interesting how these places develop. :flower:

Bexx said:
They were much smaller boats than the paddle steamers, that also used to go round the Rivers of the Far West in Frontierland. Don't know why they were taken away? Maybe due to cutbacks, or not very popular, or maybe too popular and they couldn't cope with the numbers!!! :confused3
I believe they weren't popular because no-one would go on them while it was raining - which lets face it, happens a lot more at DLP than it does in Florida or California!

Didn't they close the Indian Canoes because they were turning out to be quite dangerous? I've always thought they looked a bit dodgy from the photos, actually!!

As for the keelboats... I don't think they could cope with the numbers, as Bexx said. The few times it was open (at least in my experience), there is an enormous queue, and the boats don't hold many at all, so the queue was very slow-moving. I really hope they will consider re-opening them more often now that Molly Brown is out of use! There's something very charming about the old keelboats.:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter