~july 8th~ Wonderful Cruise

MO64RN

I never repeat gossip. So listen carefully.
This was the 4th Disney Cruise for me, DH, DS14, and DD11. It was in celebration of my 40th Birthday :bday: which fell on our last day at Castaway Cay.

We arrived at port fairly early and had to wait in the parking lot across from the terminal until they started to let us in about 10:30 am. We were about the 4th car to get into the terminal area in what seemed like an eternity because only one person was checking ID’s against the manifest. Meanwhile, I saw a DCL bus drop off a bunch of passengers. We managed to check our luggage and while DH parked I went though security and secured my position as being first in line to board the ship. That is of course after Concierge level and the disabled boarded. I inquired about an upgrade at check in and from a Cat 9 to Cat 6 with Verandah for our family of 4 would have been $300. Not bad but DH did not want to. We didn’t spend much time in the room any way.

We boarded at 11:55 am. took our embarkation photo which came out great. I might add that there is a new background since our last cruise. We went to lunch at the Beach Blanket which was much better than last year. After lunch we made our Spa ressies and wandered around the ship a little. I was pleased to find out that our request for first dinner seating was honored and we were on the T-A-P rotation. This was different for us as we have always started in Parrott Cay.

At 1:30 pm we checked out our room on Deck 2 (2132-this room needs to be added to the noisy list). Upon arrival there were the Birthday Celebration decorations and cake my DH ordered. This was a very nice touch. The luggage arrived pretty early and I was able to have everything unpacked before I went the shopping presentation at 2:30.

The sail away party was great and the weather was perfect. I had my usual Bonvoyage drink which gave me a slight buzz. I made a big mistake in taking a Bonine and mixing it with the drink as later that evening I was extremely tired and ended up going to bed fairly early. I was also a littlle groggy the next morning. The seas were extremely calm. In fact, much calmer than any cruise I’ve ever been on. I never even felt the motion of the boat.

We had dinner at Triton’s. Our servers were great. I ordered the steak which was a mistake. It was not very tender. I really wasn’t very hungry though. My son had the Rigatoni which was very good. We skipped Hercules’s (we’ve seen it 3x) and went to see Raising Helen as a family.

Friday morning we arrived in Nassau. We did a little shopping but didn’t make any major purchases. We spent most of the day on the ship taking advantage of the pools and hot tubs, gym etc. We ate dinner in Animator’s Palate. We saw Golden Mickey’s which was excellent and later saw the Dueling Pianos show which was very entertaining. We also attended Match Your Mate which was also very entertaining. I won’t go into details for fear I might embarrass the winners which we kept seeing the remainder of our cruise.

Saturday (my birthday) we arrived Castaway Cay. I had an 8:00 am appt. for Ladies morning out which consisted of a massage, facial, scalp massage, hand massage, foot massage, and afterwards champagne and chocolates(it was actually petite fours) in the Rainforest. Well worth the $125. The therapist recommended some products but was not pushy at all. We then proceeded to the island where we relaxed, snorkeled, swam, biked and ate. At night we had dinner in Parrott Cay which is my favorite restaurant. I had the ribs and they were awesome. Our server’s also presented me with a birthday cake :cake: and pin. It was very nice. That evening we went to the family dueling pianos, Disney Dreams, adult Dueling pianos then the 70’s party. At 11pm up on Deck 10 I saw the Magic passing in the other direction all lit up. It was beautiful.

In Summary our trip was fantastic but way to short. My DS enjoyed the common grounds which made me very happy. The new enhanced drink stations had pretty long lines at certain times especially at Castaway Cay. The soda was also flat at CC. Our room had noisy vibrations especially early in the morning coming back to Port Canaveral. It was so noisy it woke us up and I am a pretty sound sleeper.

When we disembarked we had the porter assist us with our luggage and breezed though customs. I might also mention there is now a full breakfast at the Beach Blanket on Disembarkation so we didn’t get up super early for our breakfast in Parrott Cay.

After getting off the ship the Wonder was parked right next to RCCL Mariner of the Sea’s. It was great seeing it since we will cruising on that in Oct. It was huge. It gives us something to look forward to after having such a “WONDER” FULL time. It made being 40 a lot easier.
:thewave:

I totally agree with you about 2132. We were in it on our last cruise and had A LOT of noise and vibrations. Glad you had a good time!

2 things I forgot to add in my trip report. I withdrew money from an ATM in Nassau and there was no ATM fee much to my surprise.

We were overcharged $10 for parking at Port Canaveral (they charged for 4 days instead of 3) I realized after we got home and DH gave me the reciept. I then checked my account and saw they corrected it on their own so I was very happy about that.

Great trip report!! Thanks for posting and thanks for the notice of posting on the cruise thread. Sounds like you had a really nice time albeit short. I can't think of a better way to spend a 40th birthday!!! (See 40 isn't as bad as everyone says!!)

Happy Birthday:bday: And thanks again for taking the time to share with all of us!!!:wave2:

I'm glad that you had a wonderful birthday cruise. Thanks for sharing your trip report.

I just had to add one thing though ---- you're 40??? You look fabulous!!

I think we were right behind you getting into the terminal. We were the 5th car to get in from the day lot. The lady was giving us so much information, that it would take forever to get everyone in. Do you know what the hold up was? We were pretty late getting in.

We stood next to you in line as well. We were right at the 2nd turn, which is right next to where the front of the line was. I was the one going in and out getting pictures all the time.

It was a great cruise. It was great reading your trip report. I will try and get ours done as soon as I can.

George

George, I think the hold up was that lady checking the ID's. She was giving a lot of info. We basically told her been there done that and when it was our turn we breezed right in.
Sorry I didn't get to meet you and your family. It is hard to pick people out of a crowd not having the slightest clue as to what they look like. I was searching for lime green but didn't see any. I came across Florida Minnie but only cause I recognized her from her picture on her signature. I look forward to reading your report.

CruisingCA2005,
Thanks, you made my day. Actually my year.

We also saw the Prem-Ear of King Arthur while on board. I ended up leaving to take a nap. The kids followed. DH was the only one who stayed for the whole movie. He said it wasn't that great.

I also left out that we attended the Castaway Club reception the last evening before dinner. Free drinks and appy's-much better than the last time we attended which was 2 years ago.

Excellent trip report! Thanks for posting. I'm glad that you had such a great cruise. What a terrific way to turn 40!!:sunny:

By the way, did your DD go to the lab and if so, did she enjoy it?

DD did go to lab and did enjoy it when whe went however did not go that often. She liked to do her own thing mostly.

Great report! Thanks for sharing!

Where did your DD11 spend most of her time? My DD will be 10 1/2, and I'm wondering if she'll enjoy the lab. My boys will be 8 and 6, and I'm pretty sure they'll like the club/lab.

She was with us mostly. But I did allow her a little freedom. She is an early riser and went to breakfast on her own. That was a big thrill for her. We also had designated meeting times and places to check in periodically when not with us.

To be quite honest I think she would've enjoyed the lab if she gave it a chance. She did spend most of her time there the 2nd evening.

She was with us mostly. But I did allow her a little freedom. She is an early riser and went to breakfast on her own. That was a big thrill for her. We also had designated meeting times and places to check in periodically when not with us.

To be quite honest I think she would've enjoyed the lab if she gave it a chance. She did spend most of her time there the 2nd evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter