Jet Blue Sweet Spot

PrincessArlena'sDad

DIS Veteran
We're flying to MCO for a cruise. Cruise leaves on Jun 22, so we're flying down from DC on Friday, Jun 21. We can't leave until after lunch, so assuming the flight times stay the same, the two options will be:

3:50 out of DCA, arriving at 6:17
5:16 out of BWI, arriving at 7:44

For those that have flown Jet Blue (hopefully with similar airport/dates/times), did you find prices go up or down after opening day?

In 2017, we got Sat morning flights for $63 each from DCA, for the first weekend in Aug, purchased just after New Years during a sale.

We never flew on a Fri afternoon before. Anyone have experiences with this time frame, so I have an idea what to expect with pricing?

Should I keep an eye on New Years sales, holding off until then? Is this a yearly event, or did I luck into a 1 off?

Thanks!

We're flying to MCO for a cruise. Cruise leaves on Jun 22, so we're flying down from DC on Friday, Jun 21. We can't leave until after lunch, so assuming the flight times stay the same, the two options will be:

3:50 out of DCA, arriving at 6:17
5:16 out of BWI, arriving at 7:44

For those that have flown Jet Blue (hopefully with similar airport/dates/times), did you find prices go up or down after opening day?

In 2017, we got Sat morning flights for $63 each from DCA, for the first weekend in Aug, purchased just after New Years during a sale.

We never flew on a Fri afternoon before. Anyone have experiences with this time frame, so I have an idea what to expect with pricing?

Should I keep an eye on New Years sales, holding off until then? Is this a yearly event, or did I luck into a 1 off?

Thanks!
A $63 flight from D.C. to Orlando was good luck. Hope to get it again, but don't count on it.

Although I'm not big on generalizations, flights on Friday afternoon are typically more expensive that other times because that's prime time for business travelers. And for flights to Orlando, that's prime time for leisure travelers beginning vacations.

Airline pricing is based in-part on competitors charge. Obviously, JetBlue hasn't released fares for your travel date, but other airlines have. JetBlue will certainly factor in what their competitors are charging when they decide their pricing. (By "they", I mean JetBlue's computer software.) Honestly, that's not good news for you.

Prices from Washington DC (DCA, IAD, BWI) to Orlando (MCO) on June 21, 2019 as of today:
dc-mco-062119.jpg

Source: http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

If prices for that date remain consistent, I would expect JetBlue to match these prices for their nonstop flights. It's probably worth noting that pricing for June 21, 2019 is higher than other Fridays in June. That indicates that airlines already have seen higher demand for travel and they've adjusted pricing up from their base levels.

dc-mco-june2019.jpg

Of course, as rwdavis2 notes, pricing can change. But, based on the current conditions, I sincerely doubt JetBlue is going to be offering bargains for that date.

If prices for that date remain consistent, I would expect JetBlue to match these prices for their nonstop flights. It's probably worth noting that pricing for June 21, 2019 is higher than other Fridays in June. That indicates that airlines already have seen higher demand for travel and they've adjusted pricing up from their base levels.

Also by looking at the MD school calendar, schools get out for the summer starting around the 14th, baring any weather make up days. So the 21st is a safe bet that all schools should be out and for the most part people planning trips take that into consideration. The airlines know this and plan their pricing accordingly.

Also by looking at the MD school calendar, schools get out for the summer starting around the 14th, baring any weather make up days. So the 21st is a safe bet that all schools should be out and for the most part people planning trips take that into consideration. The airlines know this and plan their pricing accordingly.

Good point. I hadn't thought about the school schedule. Looking at Friday departures in July, minimum prices are $148 to $205 except for the week that covers Independence Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!