Jersey Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs_coco

Earning My Ears
My in-laws have planned a large family vacation to WDW Jersey Week 2018, November 4-10...we definitely want to go but i am curious about the crowds and any advice for getting there?

CROWDS? we just got back end of january 2018 and it was crowed then, so i know it's always busy, but is jersey week really that bad?

FLIGHTS? anyone have luck on any specific airline? booking period etc? i just looked at flights and it was around $500 per person, we have 4 people....

My in-laws have planned a large family vacation to WDW Jersey Week 2018, November 4-10...we definitely want to go but i am curious about the crowds and any advice for getting there?

CROWDS? we just got back end of january 2018 and it was crowed then, so i know it's always busy, but is jersey week really that bad?

FLIGHTS? anyone have luck on any specific airline? booking period etc? i just looked at flights and it was around $500 per person, we have 4 people....

Here’s a recent thread which was closed to direct Transportation questions to the Transportation Board.
What is Jersey Week?

We have been two years in a row and going this year as well since we are from jersey. Yes, crowded. I don’t know any different though and we have the most amazing time. We are super planners and understand the necessity of rope drop for us. It’s a great time to go weather wise and decoration wise.

Flights are ridiculous, at least from NJ!

We went Jersey Week for many years and loved it.... crowds were manageable, weather gorgeous and we saw the parks decorated for both Halloween and Christmas. After skipping a few years and returning in 2017, we were a bit shocked by the increased crowds. They were not bad earlier in the week, but Thursday through Saturday were very crowded. I never saw MK as crowded as it was that last night for fireworks... could not even move down Main Street.

However, you can have a fabulous trip as long as you manage expectations and plan accordingly! Tour hard beginning of the week, hit the parks early and make the most of your FP and ADRs. It really is a magical time to visit WDW!

We've been most of the last 8 years for Jersey Week. It was definitely more crowded in 2017 than ever before, I'm not sure if that was an indication of it being more crowded that week, or just the perfect storm of all the usual events that week (Wine and Dine race events, end of Food and Wine, beginning of MVMCP) plus hurricane rescheduling. The weather is normally great at that time of year (we've seen anything from highs in the mid-60s to highs near 90), and it's nice to see the beginnings of the holiday decorations.

I was there Jersey week 2017. 2015 & 2016 we went right before Labor Day so for us the crowds seemed high Jersey week, but the weather was spectacular. I would definitely take the higher crowds over August weather. With a good plan it was manageable and we had a fantastic time.
As far as the flights, we fly United and I book 11 months out. 2017 I booked at $299. Just booked same week 2018, again 11 months out and paid $475 per ticket and the departing flight isn't even the time I wanted to fly. The earlier flight was much higher. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter