January 2025 Cast Member Appreciation MK

Does anyone know when Cast Member Appreciation will be in January 2025 at MK?

I know it was 1/29 in 2024. Just wondering if anyone had heard definitive news.

Thanks

Me 3!!

Since they just announced that there will be an After Hours Event at MK on the 27th, it for sure won't be that Monday. Possibly the Tuesday....
I saw that there would be an after-hours event that night. And that was the night I was betting on!

I just saw on a FB group, someone suggested that perhaps Thursday January 30 could be the cast member event day with MK closing at 4:30. I have no concrete evidence or facts to back this but wanted to bring the info that I found. Hope Disney lets us know soon! 😊

Last year it was on a Monday but the two years prior to that it was on a Tuesday. I'm placing my bet on Tuesday but I have no inside information so it's 100% speculation on my part and means nothing lol. :rolleyes:

An annual event where Disney celebrates their cast members with an event at MK just for cast members. They tend to do it in January, more off-season, and they'll close MK early that day to regular guests.
And it is apparently a ticketed event? So if you don't have a ticket then you have to leave the park at 4:30?
Then what is the cost for the ticket?

Sorry for so many questions but this is my first trip back in 17 years and a LOT has changed

And it is apparently a ticketed event? So if you don't have a ticket then you have to leave the park at 4:30?
Then what is the cost for the ticket?

Sorry for so many questions but this is my first trip back in 17 years and a LOT has changed
It's for cast members and their guests. No access if you're not a cast member. MK is closed to you that evening, so yes - out of the park by a designated time. I believe an event like this has been happening for many years.

Disney does schedule this event to start on time. This is one of the very few occasions that attraction lines and even full lands will close early in order to prepare for the cast event. Don’t plan on jumping in a line at the last moment before the afternoon closing time.

I just saw on a FB group, someone suggested that perhaps Thursday January 30 could be the cast member event day with MK closing at 4:30. I have no concrete evidence or facts to back this but wanted to bring the info that I found. Hope Disney lets us know soon! 😊
Thanks! Trying to make my plans (very early, I know) and I know from last year to accommodate for it. Last year we went to MK that day and then thought monorailing to Poly to VQ Trader Sam’s was a good idea, but apparently a lot of the CMs were hanging out there pre-appreciation. lol. No issue getting into Trader Sam’s though. They were just upstairs hanging at the bar that I am blanking on right now.

Thanks! Trying to make my plans (very early, I know) and I know from last year to accommodate for it. Last year we went to MK that day and then thought monorailing to Poly to VQ Trader Sam’s was a good idea, but apparently a lot of the CMs were hanging out there pre-appreciation. lol. No issue getting into Trader Sam’s though. They were just upstairs hanging at the bar that I am blanking on right now.
How were crowds during the day at MK? Low?

It's for cast members and their guests. No access if you're not a cast member. MK is closed to you that evening, so yes - out of the park by a designated time. I believe an event like this has been happening for many years.
Yes, it has. I don't know if this is an anniversary celebration (like for cast members who have been there 10 years, etc) or maybe something else. But you're right, these are hard close events. So every single thing is closed at closing time, including all of the shops and even restrooms. Even on Halloween and Christmas party nights, they'll kind of phase people out and they can stop at the Emporium and buy a few things on the way out, but not on hard close nights.

We went during the day to one and daytime crowds were low and it was great. However, we made the mistake of leaving at closing time and that was absolutely crazy being herded out along with every single other person.

We went during the day to one and daytime crowds were low and it was great. However, we made the mistake of leaving at closing time and that was absolutely crazy being herded out along with every single other person.
I just envisioned the end of the Lion King Show with Timone in charge of clearing the theater!

We went to MK during the day on the CM event night in 2023, it was very low crowds. We saved riding SDMT until after 3pm and rode it back to back 4 times only waiting maybe 5-7 minutes in-between rides. Great day to visit MK!!

How were crowds during the day at MK? Low?
I felt that they were really low. We got basically everything done that we wanted (kind of skipped Tomorrowland minus TRON because we didn’t prioritize it) and ate at Skipper Canteen. Now, we are childless, 32 & 68 yo, so we likely moved at a different pace and we prioritized things more geared to us. But I do still feel like it was very low crowds. TP had it being really low, so I went with it, and I was happy with our decision.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest