*** January 2019 Thread ***

Great day at Epcot today with pretty low crowds. Heading to the After Hours event at AK tonight! Definitely pack layers as others have said. Sunday night is showing lows around 40. When the sun goes behind the clouds during the day and it's breezy it can definitely be chilly also.

Hi, everyone, we are back home and I’m definitely feeling the Disney blues today! Yesterday was our travel day home and I was really not happy that I didn’t wake up in Disney today. ;-) We had a wonderful trip - the weather was great (not a drop of rain and tons of sun!), the Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek was unbelievably amazing, and we had a blast in the parks. Yes, there were times when the crowds were a little too much and it was a little too “people-y”, and my hubby and oldest son were pretty tired on our last full park day, but overall we had an absolutely fantastic time and it was so great to have a break from the cold weather at home. I’m probably going to do a quick trip report so I will post the link here in case anyone is interested.

For all of you heading down - definitely pack layers! We had a couple of days where we were in shorts and t-shirts all day and into the evening, but we also had a couple where it was chilly in the morning so we started with sweatshirts and jeans and went down to short sleeves in the afternoon, and back to sweatshirts in the evenings. It can be a little deceiving because even though the sunshine is bright in the morning, the breeze can make it chilly.

I can’t wait to go back with my sister in November! I’m so happy I can start another countdown! We are going to book a room in the next couple of days and then watch for discounts.

I’m glad you had a great trip! If it makes you feel any better I’ve been Disney depressed since we got back. I started back to school this week and I’ve been a little emotional. We had a private character meet with Elsa and Anna in Epcot and I’m kicking myself that I didn’t ask for a picture with my kids with both of them together or I’m upset we didn’t ride Astro orbiter with my parents and we missed the laugh floor ect. I had a lot of anxiety this trip so I didn’t sleep well and was really tired by around 5pm in our park days. Not to say I didn’t enjoy our trip but I’m upset about the things we missed and don’t feel as “fulfilled” like I was after my son’s first trip. After we got back the day after we landed my son ran a low fever and the next night my daughter ran a low fever. I think the shock from 70 degree weather to 20 degrees or lower messed with them a little (thankfully they weren’t throwing up lol). At any rate I hope your Nov trip is full of magic! I told my husband I’m planning for 2022 and he laughed at me

I’m glad you had a great trip! If it makes you feel any better I’ve been Disney depressed since we got back. I started back to school this week and I’ve been a little emotional. We had a private character meet with Elsa and Anna in Epcot and I’m kicking myself that I didn’t ask for a picture with my kids with both of them together or I’m upset we didn’t ride Astro orbiter with my parents and we missed the laugh floor ect. I had a lot of anxiety this trip so I didn’t sleep well and was really tired by around 5pm in our park days. Not to say I didn’t enjoy our trip but I’m upset about the things we missed and don’t feel as “fulfilled” like I was after my son’s first trip. After we got back the day after we landed my son ran a low fever and the next night my daughter ran a low fever. I think the shock from 70 degree weather to 20 degrees or lower messed with them a little (thankfully they weren’t throwing up lol). At any rate I hope your Nov trip is full of magic! I told my husband I’m planning for 2022 and he laughed at me

Thanks, my sis and I just booked a room at POR 11/6-11/11, so that definitely helps! :flower1:

Can anyone there right give an update on the bus situation at Hollywood Studios. Is it really as bad as people say? Is it worth taking an Uber that day instead?

Our HS day is the day that we switch from ASmo to the Poly and we only plan to do a half park day. Honestly, if it wasn't for Toy Story Land I probably wouldn't go at all. I'm a little worried it's going to feel like a lot of bussing and walking for 3-4 hours at the park.

We leave a week from tomorrow :)

We are home, it was amazing trip and cant wait to bring my kids back when they are a little older so they can enjoy it all

Glad you had wonderful time! Will you be doing a trip report?

Can anyone there right give an update on the bus situation at Hollywood Studios. Is it really as bad as people say? Is it worth taking an Uber that day instead?

Our HS day is the day that we switch from ASmo to the Poly and we only plan to do a half park day. Honestly, if it wasn't for Toy Story Land I probably wouldn't go at all. I'm a little worried it's going to feel like a lot of bussing and walking for 3-4 hours at the park.

What have you heard about the buses? If you can't check in until the afternoon, why not leave your bags with bell services (they'll take it to the Poly) and had straight to DHS from ASmo?

I was just at Hollywood Studios on 1/10 and 1/12. The bus stops are definitely further away than they used to be - it was around a 5-7 minute walk from our stop (Wilderness Lodge) to the front of the park... I didn't think it was that bad. On 1/10, we got to the park around 12:45 and we were there until 4:45, and then we walked over to the Beach Club for dinner. In those four hours, we were able to do the following (in order of how we did them, so we walked back and forth across the park several times): we watched the March of the First Order and their 10 minute stage show, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (no FP - walked in five minutes before the show started), Tower of Terror (FP), had a snack, Toy Story Mania (FP), Star Tours (no FP - walked right on), Rock 'n Roller Coaster (FP), and Muppetvision 3D (no FP - walked in right at the end of the pre-show). We also had a couple of bathroom breaks in there. So for us, four hours was plenty of time to get several things done. On 1/12, one of my sons and I walked over from Epcot at the very end of the evening to use our Slinky Dog Dash FP, which was from 7-8. We got in line at 7:40 and we were done by 7:51, and then we walked onto Toy Story Mania with no FP. It was well worth going over to ride Slinky - it's an awesome coaster! And, we got a bonus ride on Toy Story Mania, which was great! :-)

Hope that helps!

@ariane37, I updated the roll call with your extra day and new resorts! Have fun!

@Amunet, I also updated the roll call for you - I had you down for 1/26-1/29 but I think it's now 1/26-1/30, correct?

@judypriv - if you want to share your dates, I can add you to the roll call as well!

What have you heard about the buses? If you can't check in until the afternoon, why not leave your bags with bell services (they'll take it to the Poly) and had straight to DHS from ASmo?

That's our plan. I had just heard that with the construction the walks from the buses to the park are SUPER long. Combine that with the fact that there's not much to do in that park (we don't do TOT or RNRC) it makes me feel lukewarm about going. I was debating taking an Uber just to make the day go a little smoother.

I was just at Hollywood Studios on 1/10 and 1/12. The bus stops are definitely further away than they used to be - it was around a 5-7 minute walk from our stop (Wilderness Lodge) to the front of the park... I didn't think it was that bad. On 1/10, we got to the park around 12:45 and we were there until 4:45, and then we walked over to the Beach Club for dinner. In those four hours, we were able to do the following (in order of how we did them, so we walked back and forth across the park several times): we watched the March of the First Order and their 10 minute stage show, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (no FP - walked in five minutes before the show started), Tower of Terror (FP), had a snack, Toy Story Mania (FP), Star Tours (no FP - walked right on), Rock 'n Roller Coaster (FP), and Muppetvision 3D (no FP - walked in right at the end of the pre-show). We also had a couple of bathroom breaks in there. So for us, four hours was plenty of time to get several things done. On 1/12, one of my sons and I walked over from Epcot at the very end of the evening to use our Slinky Dog Dash FP, which was from 7-8. We got in line at 7:40 and we were done by 7:51, and then we walked onto Toy Story Mania with no FP. It was well worth going over to ride Slinky - it's an awesome coaster! And, we got a bonus ride on Toy Story Mania, which was great! :-)

Hope that helps!

Thanks it does help :)

My trip from the 12th thru the 16th was amazing! I’m still in Florida, for work, but no longer in Disney. Flying home to Ohio, tomorrow before this crazy storm hits. Sending good weather vibes to everyone flying out on Saturday.

Weather is up and down. Sunday we were at the Pool and on Tuesday we were wearing stocking caps and gloves.

Parks were busier than I expected but not packed. Christmas was still up at all the parks which was a great surprise. And we were gifted with some pixie dust and upgraded to a Savana view room at AKL. I could have sat on the balcony all day watching the giraffes.

My Disney loving heart is full. Now counting down to my next trip in May!

Hit a snafu with our flight tonight due to all of the weather problems here in CA. Second attempt to get to Orlando tomorrow (and will always try to book direct flights from now on. Lesson learned!) Still getting in the same day ... just a little later!

Hit a snafu with our flight tonight due to all of the weather problems here in CA. Second attempt to get to Orlando tomorrow (and will always try to book direct flights from now on. Lesson learned!) Still getting in the same day ... just a little later!

Good luck, hope your travel tomorrow goes smoothly!

CA as in California or Canada?

Were you flying directly out of California and the connecting city had bad weather?

Sorry, I didn’t even think about weather causing issues since that’s like never an issue in California.

Hope you have safe and quick travel tomorrow!

CA as in California or Canada?

Were you flying directly out of California and the connecting city had bad weather?

Sorry, I didn’t even think about weather causing issues since that’s like never an issue in California.

Hope you have safe and quick travel tomorrow!

California. We've had a lot of rain and wind here in the San Francisco area so the airport has been a mess the past 2 days (3+ hour flight delays). We were going to miss our connecting flight in Los Angeles so they rebooked us for this morning. It was actually a blessing in disguise for me since I got to sleep in my own bed last night instead of trying to sleep on the plane! Our new flights are on time, our room is ready, and my bag already made it to Orlando so fingers crossed everything else goes well! pixiedust:

Last edited:
California. We've had a lot of rain and wind here in the San Francisco area so the airport has been a mess the past 2 days (3+ hour flight delays). We were going to miss our connecting flight in Los Angeles so they rebooked us for this morning. It was actually a blessing in disguise for me since I got to sleep in my own bed last night instead of trying to sleep on the plane! Our new flights are on time, our room is ready, and my bag already made it to Orlando so fingers crossed everything else goes well! pixiedust:

Glad everything is working out! We're flying directly out of LA so weather here is never an issue. I'm hoping that stays the same when we catch our connecting flight in Atlanta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter