*** January 2019 Thread ***

*sigh* My travel agent and I have absolutely not gelled. For some reason, he didn't get Magic Express set-up for us, and when I e-mailed him to ask about when the luggage tags would come in, he couldn't find the e-mail with our flight info. Then I didn't see his follow-up e-mail until a few days after he sent it, so he got the info in, but it's less than two weeks out, so we probably won't get the luggage tags. Boo. I was really looking forward to not having to worry about checked bags.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the luggage tags to come in?

(seriously tho. I'm really regretting not contacting the agency the first time I had misgivings and asking for a different agent. I don't think he's indicative of the agency itself, but like I said...we just have not gelled at any point, and after the hostile/exasperated

I'm sorry you're having a bad travel agent experience. I'm an absolute control freak when it comes to planning vacations so I could never relinquish control of the planning.
I would definitely let the agency know about your experience - not to get the agent in trouble but so that they can coach him and help him become a better agent.

The tags can arrive pretty fast but less than two weeks seems a tad impossible.

For those who have flown recently: any issues with TSA due to the government shutdown? Our flight to MCO is a week from today--I'm trying to get a feel for what kind of delay/experience to expect at the airports.

From Columbus Ohio we got right through tsa (after they opened our flight was at 5:30 am and tsa opened at 5am). Tsa at mco also we’re patient and understanding. They opened a new line when we entered the line and it took maybe 20 mins to get through

but then again we are flying out at 5:50 am and arriving to the airport around 3:45am. I don't know who is flying that early besides us crazy people.
There seem to be a lot of crazy people leaving LAX between 5AM and 7AM. It was crazy crowded Monday for my 5:25AM flight. When I go to MCO I take a redeye (11:30PM) and the airport has been less crowded than morning flights.

I didn't notice anything fewer TSA personal then normal. Pre-Check is getting busier. I guess more and more people are getting it.

I still have 15 more days to go so I'm really enjoying all your reports! Living vicariously!

*sigh* My travel agent and I have absolutely not gelled. For some reason, he didn't get Magic Express set-up for us, and when I e-mailed him to ask about when the luggage tags would come in, he couldn't find the e-mail with our flight info. Then I didn't see his follow-up e-mail until a few days after he sent it, so he got the info in, but it's less than two weeks out, so we probably won't get the luggage tags. Boo. I was really looking forward to not having to worry about checked bags.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the luggage tags to come in?

(seriously tho. I'm really regretting not contacting the agency the first time I had misgivings and asking for a different agent. I don't think he's indicative of the agency itself, but like I said...we just have not gelled at any point, and after the hostile/exasperated

I'm so sorry your agent forgot to set up ME earlier! I've set it up for clients 2-3 weeks out (because they book last minute OR book their flights last minute) and the tags have come before they travel, so 2 weeks is still a possibility. If they don't arrive though you can still have ME take your luggage! You just give the CM at the check in stand your luggage claim tix from the airline and Disney will grab your luggage :thumbsup2

So here's what we've done since we were originally arriving Sunday but snow is predicted here Sat night into Sunday and our flight was leaving 6:30am Sunday- we moved our flight to Saturday morning :cheer2: I also switched our French Quarter stay to Beach Club with my discount for our original 3 nights, but we"re doing All Star Movies Saturday which is new to us. Very excited and hoping the storm doesn't shift lol!

I'm so sorry your agent forgot to set up ME earlier! I've set it up for clients 2-3 weeks out (because they book last minute OR book their flights last minute) and the tags have come before they travel, so 2 weeks is still a possibility. If they don't arrive though you can still have ME take your luggage! You just give the CM at the check in stand your luggage claim tix from the airline and Disney will grab your luggage :thumbsup2

That's good to know. I'll still be crossing my fingers to not have to deal with checked bags at all, but one way or another it'll work out, God willing!

Got a few of my Disney Art Drops done. Here's a couple:

2eq807c.jpg
2co3knd.jpg

And one waiting to be colored:
6fcm5j.jpg

I'm hoping to have at least twelve ready to hide around the park. I was thinking about making a thread for them (and to see if anyone has good hiding spots--it's been so long since I've been there, I'm not sure about the best places), but I'm not sure what section that should be

That's good to know. I'll still be crossing my fingers to not have to deal with checked bags at all, but one way or another it'll work out, God willing!

Got a few of my Disney Art Drops done. Here's a couple:

2eq807c.jpg
2co3knd.jpg

And one waiting to be colored:
6fcm5j.jpg

I'm hoping to have at least twelve ready to hide around the park. I was thinking about making a thread for them (and to see if anyone has good hiding spots--it's been so long since I've been there, I'm not sure about the best places), but I'm not sure what section that should be

Do you have an Instagram or social media I can follow??

but we"re doing All Star Movies Saturday which is new to us.

Oh yay! We're staying at ASMo for the weekend so we'll be at the same resort for a hot minute :) We leave tomorrow night!!!! So thankfully we're missing that mess, though I'm hopeful Monday is fine when we come home.

I love this! The three caballeros are a few of my favorite characters!

Went to EMH at Epcot last night and had a great time. Rode Frozen with a 10 minute wait, Soarin with a 15 minute wait, and Living with the Land (walk on). We're going back today but taking our time getting around. At Kidani Village for two more nights then moving over to the Villas at the Poly!

As for my experience at the airport, security only took about 10 minutes in Denver and I had a direct flight to MCO. We arrived almost half an hour early thanks to a tailwind.

We are having to change our plans til next Jan. My son was to have heart valve replacement this week it was unsuccessful and now we are looking at open heart surgery. He is devastated that he has to have open heart surgery again and does not want to go to Disney until he has more energy. We are going to switch to Jan 2020, I figure will give me more time to save for a longer trip plus Star Wars should be open then.

@Momfoaj, I’m sending good wishes to you and your son! Hope everything goes well!

For those who have flown recently: any issues with TSA due to the government shutdown? Our flight to MCO is a week from today--I'm trying to get a feel for what kind of delay/experience to expect at the airports.

We flew out of Buffalo on Thursday the 10th and out of Orlando yesterday, and we had no problems or major delays. Our wait in Orlando to get through security was about fifteen minutes at around 11:45 am.

Just booked for Jan 26th-30th headed down first time this year going to look at some real estate in winter park and Windermere and visit my parents on the west coast for a few days had to get some Disney time in while there!

Awesome, @ManalapanDad! Let us know where you are staying and I will add you to the roll call!

6 days. I finally checked the weather. I've been trying to not look but now with our trip closer I did look. Kids will be sad bc it looks like low 70's as the high for right now so I don't see too much of the pool or waterpark in our future. Hopefully that will change but honestly I will take anything over the weather here. Predicted high the day we fly out is 17. Good bye Wisconsin, Hello Florida! :car:

We went in the pool on a 70’s day and it was nice and warm! I’d try it if I were you!

Hi, everyone, we are back home and I’m definitely feeling the Disney blues today! Yesterday was our travel day home and I was really not happy that I didn’t wake up in Disney today. ;-) We had a wonderful trip - the weather was great (not a drop of rain and tons of sun!), the Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek was unbelievably amazing, and we had a blast in the parks. Yes, there were times when the crowds were a little too much and it was a little too “people-y”, and my hubby and oldest son were pretty tired on our last full park day, but overall we had an absolutely fantastic time and it was so great to have a break from the cold weather at home. I’m probably going to do a quick trip report so I will post the link here in case anyone is interested.

For all of you heading down - definitely pack layers! We had a couple of days where we were in shorts and t-shirts all day and into the evening, but we also had a couple where it was chilly in the morning so we started with sweatshirts and jeans and went down to short sleeves in the afternoon, and back to sweatshirts in the evenings. It can be a little deceiving because even though the sunshine is bright in the morning, the breeze can make it chilly.

I can’t wait to go back with my sister in November! I’m so happy I can start another countdown! We are going to book a room in the next couple of days and then watch for discounts.

Last edited:
I haven't heard of any serious delays yet from other people traveling right now. I think it also depends on your airport. I fly out of Los Angeles and that airport is HUGE so I'm assuming there will be a slight delay but then again we are flying out at 5:50 am and arriving to the airport around 3:45am. I don't know who is flying that early besides us crazy people.

Us too - we are crazy people like that. Our flight out of Minneapolis is at 6:15 am. We fly out of the smaller terminal so I'm hoping we won't run into issues.

Today I was reading that the Atlanta airport is experiencing the worst of the security delays - 2+ hours! Yikes! Thankfully we are just getting our connecting flight and won't have to go through security.
LAX currently seems unaffected and I hope this shutdown ends soon so these people can get paid.

Us too - we are crazy people like that. Our flight out of Minneapolis is at 6:15 am. We fly out of the smaller terminal so I'm hoping we won't run into issues.

Normally that is us too. We went with a "late" flight this time and leave MSP at 8:45 AM. I am already having regrets about arriving so late at MCO. We are out of the main terminal for this trip and are hoping for the best (but will likely arrive early just in case).

This is the earliest AM flight I've ever taken. I usually prefer doing red-eye flights but since we're traveling with little ones (4 and 2ish), we opted for a flight that would get us into MCO at a time that our room would be ready in case they needed to nap.

We live kinda far from our airport - 36 miles but we have to drive on the dread 405 freeway, which is always a mess. I'm hoping with us leaving at 3 am that we arrive around 3:45 am giving us about 90 minutes to get through security. Since we have the stroller, they usually let us go in a separate line *fingers crossed*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter